Where's the music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the music?

Is it just me or has the in-game music been turned off permanently? No matter what settings I use in the Preferences for sounds and music, I can't get the in-game music to play. I get sound effects fine, but none of the music.

It's a realism feature of the 1.22 patch. How will you get music if there is no Radio?

Comment

Try clicking the music preference checkbox on and off a few times. That works for me for some reason.

Comment

You're joking, right?

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
          It's a realism feature of the 1.22 patch. How will you get music if there is no Radio?

for some reason I have problems with civ3 with this sound card- or maybe it's the speakers. I hear clicks and other annoying things. Although I already know I have a problem with the speakers as the surround sound doesn't work properly on them. I need new speakers

Comment

i need a new sound card, mine is on-board. :vomit:

but i have no problems with the in-game music, except when it changes to another track, then the game pauses for a few seconds and gets in slow motion for some more seconds. sometimes it is a pain in the ass.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

for some reason I have problems with civ3 with this sound card- or maybe it's the speakers. I hear clicks and other annoying things. Although I already know I have a problem with the speakers as the surround sound doesn't work properly on them. I need new speakers
              I have this from time to time. And actually, turning off the music and turning it back on does seem to work.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

@ Alexman.

I too have seen this with earlier patches. I spent a puzzled few minutes playing the settings and it just started working again.

Comment

Working...
                X