No announcement yet.

The game is so much more enjoyable ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game is so much more enjoyable ...

... with railroads disabled. Not by removing the flag, but by requiring a non-existant resource.

Although the game is more fun strategically (late-game), the bonus is lost by getting extra food or shields.

I know this has been done to death, but if only jesse could let us edit railroad movement in the editor .....

... *hopes for a miracle* ...

I like railroad movement

but yes having that function in the editor would allow us to have it both ways.

Personally, I don't think it should take years or even decades to cross the U.S.

Comment

Ah yes, some think everything has to be realistic.

Comment

sure

but you didn't counter that by saying ships aren't realistic.

It takes decades to cross an ocean...

Comment

I like RR's because they keep late game from being a MM hell.

Comment

the trend that i observed in an epic game is as follows:

In the first age you or on an exploration path. You make decisions like where you want to settle and how much land you claim, followed by rudamentary road building.

In the second age, you expand your infastructure and do some diplomatic work. <- also some stuff that you did in the first age

In the third and forth age, you don't have much left to do other than to build. And with the more sophisticated units you are able to build, the game focus shifts to more strategic path. <- however this is reduced by railroads, since you do not have to make strategic important decisions - you can basically station your troops anywhere and move them around at will.

And by removing railroads (or hopefully limiting them with a patch), you greatly add to the strategic element of the game, which is very much needed in the boring late game era.

Comment

Whatever one's feelings about RR, I can just about guarantee that infinite RR movement will not be addressed in any patch. It may be modified in CIV (Civ IV) but won't be in Civ III.

Catt

Comment

Just as well too, the next patch has some real issues to address.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  the next patch has some real issues to address.
                  Next patch? Is there yet another in the works?
                  Jack

Comment

Well it's 'next' no matter if it arrives tomorrow or next year.

As far as I know there are no updates arriving in the near future........reading between the lines of the official posts it will be some time before the next patch, if there is one.

Comment

Down with infinite RR movement!

Tanks + RRs against AI = booooring...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        Down with infinite RR movement!

Tanks + RRs against AI = booooring...
                        Down with infinite RR movement! It has been civ2's undoing.

Comment

I'd be highly suprised if we see another patch. Although...anyone know how many units C3C sold? that could dictate how long Firaxis can sink money into supporting it.

Although by the sounds of what Jesse said....most of the resources are now focusing other developments, like civ4.

Btw, I'm not trying to defend c3c when i say this, but i don't actually mind the sub bug - it makes the end game interesting because weaker civs inadvertedly attack me, when they normally wouldn't.
                          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

I see it clearly now.........the sub bug is a feature designed to reduce endgame tedium.

Firaxis.

Comment

I was actually surprised when I saw that infinite RR movement was still a feature in Civ3. It is something that should have gone the way of the dodo a long time ago...
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X