Wait 2-4 turns after Spies Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait 2-4 turns after Spies Failure

In PTW readme, there is mention that after failing a spy mission, you will always fail subsequent spy missions for 2-4 turns? Is the number of turns random or determined by govt?

I never tried it, but I always though it was 5 turns.

Comment

yes, both govt and random.

I don't know the number of turns is fixed. Sometimes you can have more success by trying to plant a spy in the middle of a turn instead at the beginning or end of a turn.

PF

Comment

You got some sort of 'quarantine time' after a failed attempt. I don't know how long it is though.

Like many other things in this game, the success or failure of an espionage attempt is determined by the RNG. If you reload after a failed attempt, then do some fighting (which consumes RNG-numbers) you may get a different result.

Not that I recommend reloading each time your spy fails, do it once just to watch the pseudo-RNG in action.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I reload sometimes just when I want to see what the AI is up to. By the time spies become available, I usually have Hoovers and my MFG values are higher than the rest of the world combined. Seeing what my poor little opponents are scheming is just a way for me to break up the monotony of shuffling Workers back and forth...

Comment

Does the lock-up period of 2-4 turns also apply if you attempt to plant spies with different civs ?

Comment

No, it's per civ.
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
              X