1.15 and 1.22 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.15 and 1.22 problem

I've got a problem with a couple PBEM games I'm playing. I started them using 1.15 and they are epic games with 8 players (2 human). Now I cannot read them using 1.22.

Is there a way I can read these files without using 1.15?

I haven't installed 1.22 yet, but I thought it was known that you cannot load 1.15 games with 1.22. I think you need to do a dual install.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A dual install is the only way I know to be able to use both. Assuming you didn't already do it then you're going to have to uninstall Conquests and then reinstall it, patch it to 1.15, create a new folder and copy the contents of the Conquests folder into it, and then patch to 1.22 again. When you want to switch to 1.15 just click on the .exe file in the 1.15 folder and you're fine.

I just did all this yesterday because I ran into the same problem, when...ahem...'someone' patched The Grand Passage PBEM to 1.22 and I had to follow suit.

Comment

I do have a dual install but why do some files work fine going from 1.15->1.22 and others do not?

Comment

As far as I can tell (and supported by alexman's quote) only the unmodded games are not supported by v1.22. All modded games, including the Conquests as they are inherently modded, can transfer to v1.22. In my case, though I haven't checked with any SP games yet, all of my PBEMs that are either Conquests or pre-made maps transferred over to v1.22. The only ones that didn't were the PBEMs that used random start maps.

Comment

That is too bad. I really don't want a dual setup. Has there been any comment by Firaxis about this?

Also do they plan to fix the black screen city view?

Comment

I don't either, but I haven't heard whether or not they are going to change it. I imagine that the need for the dual install won't ever be fixed.

Comment

I feel your pain SirOsis. I too fought long and hard against a duel install...but in the end, I too went over to the 'darkside'. But don't worry, once you make a jump, everything is fine. Yes, it's an added pain, but it's a pain you only have to do once.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It's a pain but if you want access to those old saves you'll need two installs. If you don't care just finish your 1.15 games before installing 1.22, since nothing is really added anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                    As far as I can tell (and supported by alexman's quote) only the unmodded games are not supported by v1.22.
                    I guess that would explain why I can still load old saves of my AU502 game played under the AuMod rules, when I expected that installing 1.22 would render all old saves unloadable.
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by aqualung

I guess that would explain why I can still load old saves of my AU502 game played under the AuMod rules, when I expected that installing 1.22 would render all old saves unloadable.
                      Yep, that's exactly it. Au502 loaded on 1.22 for me as well....which means I still have to finish taking a few Aztec cities and hit the domination limit so I can post my last DAR.

Comment

I've gleaned from a spattering of posts that any 1.15 modded game should load into 1.22. Something was also mentioned about unmodded games without the radio tech yet discovered loading Ok. It seems the tech tree change is the source of the problem. (BTW Strictly Conquests is a modded game, so no problem there...)

I've successfully loaded an unmodded 1.15 PBEM game (DARRTZ) into 1.22, but am unsure if this was because it was pre-radio, originally a PtW game, or because PBEMs carry more information than SP saves.
                        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

OK, I'll post this for the last time. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

Originally posted by alexman
                          Find the old conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files. Hopefully you still have them somewhere, otherwise you can get them by extracting the 1.15 patch into an empty folder.

Backup your 1.22 conquests.biq, conquests.mb, and civilopedia.txt files, and replace them with the 1.15 ones. You should then be able to load 1.15 saves with the 1.22 patch.

After you finish your game, restore the 1.22 files.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Yep, that's exactly it. Au502 loaded on 1.22 for me as well....which means I still have to finish taking a few Aztec cities and hit the domination limit so I can post my last DAR.
                            Ah Rhoth, you were hoping you wouldn't be able to load and finish it off huh? Bored?
                            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by aqua_lung

Ah Rhoth, you were hoping you wouldn't be able to load and finish it off huh? Bored?
                              Excruciatingly. It was an exciting game until I finished up my continent. Now it's just producing units and bombarding cities to hit the domination limit. Still haven't had time to finish, but I'm within about 3 or 4 percent.

Comment

Working...
                              X