Using Editor for C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Editor for C3C

I am trying to use the editor to build a Conquests scenario, but it won't open biq files, only bic. Also, it doesn't show some of the units and other new things in C3C. Am I doing something wrong? I am not a programmer and can't do mods or edit hex files, so if I can't do it in the editor, I'm out of luck!

So you go to file --> open (which you are of course doing).

At the bottom of the window is a pull-down menu that lets you change between opening .bic .bix and .biq.
    "God does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
    "Einstein was wrong. Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded!" - Erwin Schroedinger

Comment

Mine only has two choices -- .bic and .* all files. If I go to "all files" and select a .biq, it says it's an invalid file type.
      Is there a newer edition of the editor I need?

Comment

Oh I realize what might be happening.

The civ3conquestsedit is different from the old civ3 editor. It is under the civ3 conquests folder (default under "Atari" not "Infogrames Interactive" in the Programs menu). This might be the problem... if not then I don't know what's going on.
        "God does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
        "Einstein was wrong. Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded!" - Erwin Schroedinger

Comment

I think (not home right now) that you can also do a "File, Import" which would let you pick files with other extensions.

Comment

It definitely sounds like he's trying to use the Vanilla Editor.

The C3C Editor is found in the Conquests folder in the Civilization 3 folder.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Thanks, LordEd. You were right. ALthough I had installed the new editor, I still had the old editor at the shortcut, so I was opening the old one. I have found the new one and it works fine. Thanks again!
              -ozman9

Comment

trouble

for some reason when i save my own scenario and go to open it for playing it loads to 46% and sez "missing file "#" the game will now exit" and then it returns to the desktop, any clues bout wats up?

Comment

Working...
                X