The Mayans Rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mayans Rock!

Fired up a demigod game today playing as the Mayans, whom I haven't really tried much before. I'm having a ball alternating my warmongering between the Inca on one side and the Americans on the other, even though I'm way behind on tech. I think I've only built 2 workers so far!

Any advice specific to the Mayans anyone can give?
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Barbarians. They lets you get free workers without warring.

The easiest Diety game I ever played was the mayans... because they get the agricultural/industrious bonuses that mean more mines and food --> more settlers earlier on --> more cities, etc.
    "God does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
    "Einstein was wrong. Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded!" - Erwin Schroedinger

Comment

I hate the Mayans. They always always ALWAYS attack me, regardless of our relationship/any pacts we have...

Bastards...
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Mayans on the same continent can easily be a challenge.
        ... unless you nerf them so they have to capture ALL their workers by "Build Worker -> NEVER" in the Editor.

Comment

Mayans are a very strong civ, even their UU when played right. A lot of players don't like it because it's not the traditional "grog smash" kind of UU (like the Immortal or Sipahi), but those who know how to exploit it in a proper environment can be much the better for it.

Comment

The Mayans have been strong AI (well relatively )in many of my games. The main problem is SJ's smug grin........I always feel like punching him in diplomatic dealings.

Comment

Working...
            X