Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I end a mutual protect pact?

How can I end a mutual protect pact?

Do you mean so you avoid a reputation hit or just in general?

To avoid a reputation hit, wait 20 turns until there is no number next to the deal and then any reputation hit is done.

If you're talking about how to end it in general then go the F4 screen and call up the AI civ in question. Down near the bottom of the screen it will show 'new' and 'active'. Click on active and it will show the active deals with that civ. Click on the MPP shown and it will bring it up on the main screen. Then just click on it until neither side shows an MPP anymore (or click on 'clear table' to do the same thing) and end the session with that civ. Your MPP should be over.

Comment

.....or just hit the "DO IT, they're scum" button!
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Next time, just don't sign MPP's.

They SUXXERS, big-time.

But, since your asking that question, you probably have learned your lesson.
        "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
        Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

Thanks for answers.

In fact, I learn my lesson! MPP blow me! Bye!

Comment

I'm pretty much the same way. I never sign them. It's a good way to get drawn into a bunch of wars you don't want.

Comment

I'm just the opposite, I always sign a few just before I start a war. Especially if my opponent has some friends. World War...gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdelicious
                I'm just the opposite, I always sign a few just before I start a war. Especially if my opponent has some friends. World War...gotta love it.
                In my recent game I actually could have, but didn't have the technology for it. I'm playing Apolyton University 502 at demigod level and started a world war without MPPs. Most of the AI's are halfway and more through the industrial age, but I didn't have nationalism at the time and still don't despite getting close to the domination limit. I made one little mistake that I didn't realize at the time by forgetting to close out an alliance before ending a war. I suddenly became a trade pariah and haven't been able to buy a tech since. Not that it matters since as I said I'm getting closer to the domination limit.

The main reason why I don't usually sign MPP's though, despite starting world wars occasionally, is because I want to start those wars on my terms, not when the AI decides to go to war.

Comment

The chief use of MPPs is to create never-ending world wars that wears down the AIs.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I occasionally use MPPs to involve the AI(s) in a war, but only if I think I can predict the flow of events.
                    Diderot was right!
                    Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                    Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Just attack, that should stop the MPP.

Aye, MPPs are the worlds biggest pain.

Comment

I generally prefer a Military Alliance over an MPP, since you can choose your enemy. Still, both require a 20-turn pact or gpt deals disappear. On the other hand, I've bee trying to develop my warmonger skills lately and strangely, I don't seem to care what the AI attitude is
                        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

MPP is cheaper than alliance. I used MPP before I declared war, and then just wait. After 20 turns, I ussually use alliances to make the war go on.
                          Game is just for Fun. Dont play the game if its not fun for you - binyo66 :)

Comment

MPPs are useful for drawing many civs into a war. Other than that they can be a pain. You don't need AI protection.

Comment

Working...
                            X