installation problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation problems

i installed civ 3 once then i deleted it! I've now tried to install it again n wen i put the cd in, it auto runs n says play civ 3 instead of install! so i looked around n found a civ3 exe in c:\windows directory, i deleted that n tried again but it did the same so i clicked on uninstall!

The civ3 exe keeps coming back!

Please can someone help cause i am really wanting to play this epic again!

There's probably still an entry in the registry. Run Regedit and have a look around, then delete it. Next time, make sure you use the Uninstall option instead of just deleting the folder.

Comment

wot am i looking for in regedit? wot folders would i find wot im looking for?

Comment

Regedit just brings up the registry and allows you to make changes. From there you have to sift through the entries and look for anything belonging to Civ 3. I'm not sure exactly where in the list it would be, since I've never had the patience to go through it myself. Almost every pointer in a Windows system is entered there, including hardware.

A more drastic course of action would be to format your drive and install Windows from scratch. That would start you out with an almost blank registry.

Comment

Working...
        X