No announcement yet.

All those pop-ups.... how to kill them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All those pop-ups.... how to kill them?

When I get further in my games, and the AI needs 5-10 minutes to finish it's turns, I most of the time start programming on my genial websites/ surfing around / reading a book / etc. etc.

I wish I could just open another window, do my things, and get back to civ once in a while, to execute my actions. But most of the time I get back into the civ-screen, only finding out that nation X has declared war to nation Y.

As if I care.

WHY WHY WHY all those pop-ups?
    How can I get rid of them. Just after I press 'return', no more worries, untill something REALLY important happens.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Check out the preferences. I don't off-hand exactly how much you can turn off, but "Reduced MP Pop-Ups" or whatever it's called should be a start.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

the preferences don't give any option to get rid of the 'X has declared war to Y' pop-ups.

Comment

I hate that too!

INstead, At the end of the AI's turn they should have a little box with all of the useless stuff that happened during the AI's turn.

The pop up should only be used if another civ has declared war on you. and that;s it. (my grammar ROX!)

Civ4 programmers are you LISTENING!!!1!
        "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
        Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

You can subscribe to ApolytonPLUS.

Comment

Don't you mean ConquestsPLUS Doc?
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Oh didn't you know.......ApolytonPLUS blocks the in game popups as well.

Comment

Ah yes of course, I forgot.....now, where's that credit card got to......?
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Oh didn't you know.......ApolytonPLUS blocks the in game popups as well.
                  ok, I'll subscribe to polyplus, and if the in-game pop-ups won't cease, I'll let you pay my polyplus account back

Comment

Can't you just click 'ok' a few times? I don't have much patience and it doesn't bother me much.

Comment

DrSpike is back!

I don't even know who this Doc was.

Comment

Like stepping into old comfortable slippers.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Can't you just click 'ok' a few times? I don't have much patience and it doesn't bother me much.
                          My life does suck, but not so much that I sit 10 minutes in front of my screen, doing nothing while waiting for pop-ups to occur.

Comment

10 minutes per AI turn? Did you tweak all the AI moves options?

Besides if you know it's 10 minutes you can alt-tab out and read what you want, then come back to the popups.

Comment

Yeah, I tweaded the AI. I just like it to play huge games.

Besides if you know it's 10 minutes you can alt-tab out and read what you want, then come back to the popups.
                              yeah, come back after 10 minutes, to find out that after 1 minute the AI came with some pop-up, so 9 whole minutes the computer has done nothing.

I want to alt-tab away, and get back to the game, to get along with my own game.

Comment

Working...
                              X