Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug? Or have i messed up my install? Need some advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug? Or have i messed up my install? Need some advice please.

Hi all

I thought i'd reinstall Civ3 now that the new patch is out. But am having problems.

What i did:
    Installed Civ3
    Rebooted
    Installed Conquests
    Installed 1.20 patch
    Installed 1.22 patch

Problem is that when i start a Conquests game (Civ3 won't start at all) i get to the main game menu and then when i click NEw Game i get the following message at 30% load:

"File not found - art\terrain\mountains-snow.pcx" and it exits the game.

The other odd thing i noticed is that i have Civ 3 shortcuts in an infogrames folder and C3C in an Atari folder - though all the install seems to be in the infogrames folder.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, reinstall and check it at each stage. There might be more teething problems with the new patches. You can always try 1.15 beta which is proven to work well.

Comment

Hum, I just slapped on 120, 122 and started a new game with no problems. I had 1.15 on though. You had me worried for a moment. If you are on XP remove the patches LIFO and see if it works. If so, then apply 1.15 and try, then the other two.

Comment

That is strange...when patch 1.20 and 1.22 came out, I completely uninstalled civ3 (expansions, patches, registry entries, and remaining folders, etc), then reinstalled Civ3, conquests, and then put in patch 1.20 and 1.22 and it's been working perfectly.
        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
        X