Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not to be missed....Atari strategy tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be missed....Atari strategy tips!!!

I'm sure some of you have already seen this, but I found this on the Atari website. Very important secret strategy tips for PTW. Don't spread it too much, or everyone will be beating Sid level!

General Hints and Tips for Civilization III: Play the World

General Hints
    • Pay attention to the Civilization Chart. This table shows all the special qualities and abilities each Civilization has available.
    • Build a Courthouse as soon as you are able. This structure reduces corruption in whichever city it is built in.
    • Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on.
    • Early on in the game, be careful to keep a balance of defense, research, growth, exploration, and culture.
    • There are several different types of terrain. Consult your manual for information about them as terrain is very important.
    • Remember, some units cannot travel over certain terrain types, unless there is a road built to ease the way.
    • Build cities near water.

If only I'd seen this when I was using PTW. I'm gonna rush off now and build a "Port" so my units can stand in the sea.....bye all!
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Excellent tips! Thanks Thriller (and Atari).
    Now Aeson will probably manage to win on warlord... and I'm having a glass of... port.
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

How on earth does a port give an extra tile for a unit to stand on?

Comment

Allows ships to "stand on" a surface tile.

Comment

Originally posted by Plotinus
          How on earth does a port give an extra tile for a unit to stand on?
          Ah, now here's where you're obviously missing a vital ingredient to success in this game. The 22 tile city!

Comment

Now I see where I have been going wrong......chieftain I'll get you yet!

Comment

Doc, good luck... and post a thread on 'How to improve your skills...'
              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

The adage you get what you pay for comes to mind on that advice.

Comment

vmxa1, are you saying you didn't pay for the game?

Comment

No, I am saying they did not pay for the advice. I paid for every game I have and many more than once. Warlords III 4 times for one.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      No, I am saying they did not pay for the advice. I paid for every game I have and many more than once. Warlords III 4 times for one.
                      Ok, ok, I was joking! Chill!

Comment

vmxa chills per instructions.

Comment

Dare I ask why you bought a game 4 times? That's really forgetful.

Comment

Over the years I had purchased Civ2 3 times ... you see, I had to remove it from my computer and destroy the CD due to addictive symptoms, and then repurchase it several months later.

I am much more accepting of Civ3 and my addiction to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                              Dare I ask why you bought a game 4 times? That's really forgetful.
                              I have done a few games three times and many twice. Warlords was strange even for me. I played it and moved and gave it away.
                              Later I wanted to play it again, so I bought it. Then I saw it a 9.99 with a 10 rebate and I bought it for a friend.

Moved again and gave it away. A few months ago, I decided to get it again after buying Walords IV. Stupid, maybe, crazy for sure. Some games, like Might and Magic VI, I have bought that many times as well, in fact I think I have got it 5 times. I still have
                              Limited edition, regular one, Millenium, Platium one. I have finally decide to not get rid of any games, no matter what.

Ascendancy is another. I bought it when in CA. I gave to my son and moved to NY. I bought it there later. I moved back to CA and after a few years got rid of it. A year or so ago, I decided I wanted it again, found it on ebay. You get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X