No announcement yet.

Patch News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel, a PBEM-specific line states it is possible to load pre-1.20 PBEM saves...:

* PBEM: v1.20 Games can not be loaded on earlier versions. Earlier saves can STILL be loaded in v1.20

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
      However, I must say that a bug so obvious as screwed-up tech tree graphics just.....leaves me flabbergasted! (Edit: I had something nastier there at first, but I really don't have it in me!)
      And this time, alas, I am not even surprised.

Comment

Things I see wrong with the patch.

First, MPTournament.biq refers to 1.18 patch.
        Also it still has a Radio tech implemented.
        This is also true for all other BIQ files added with Conquests.
        Like Cheaper Upgrades.biq, MPFastCiv3Conquests.biq, No Civ Traits.biq, No Unique Units.biq, Quick Civ.biq, With Plague.biq, etc... They all need to be changed to reflect the newest rules.

Second, even conquests.biq is not done properly.
        It still has Radio tech in its list, but as non-era tech which is added to all civs at start.
        Should be deleted, since it gives some bugs, like starting game with Radio or Radio in Civilopedia.

Third, Civilopeida.txt isn't changed to reflect that Radio tech is removed. Which means that "Enables Radar Towers" entry needs to be moved from Radio to Electronics.

Fourth, as alexman reported, it looks that Civ3Conquests.exe looks for science_industrial_new.pcx for industrial era, which gives error in all scenarios. It should look to science_industrial.pcx instead, and science_industrial_new.pcx needs to replace science_industrial.pcx

Fifth: How this passed Q&A???

I fully expect 1.21 to be released ASAP to fix these issuses.

Optional: When we are there, maybe some other easy things could be fixed.
        -Like adding WWII Paratrooper in list of units with ZOC in Civilopedia
        -removing offense AI flag from Musketeer (PtW leftover, when it had attack of 3)
        -fixing bug with Inca leader being targetable by Stl. Fighter stealth attack (this maybe is not bug since stealth attack doesn't work for air units anyway)
        -and if any conquests.biq changes are done, then adding them to other optional BIQs should be done too

Comment

Originally posted by player1
          Fifth: How this passed Q&A???
          I can only imagine someone in QA lost their job this morning.... or if they didn't and all Firaxians found this patch acceptable, that in six or eight months, they'll all be out of a job.

This isn't just a bad patch, this is monumentally, staggeringly bad, bad on a basic, fundamental level. There's stuff here that simply LOADING THE GAME WITH THE PATCH INSTALLED would've caught. How lazy do you have to be not to notice that?

(And that's coming from a guy who normally waves the Firaxis flag as defiantly as anyone.)
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

A bad official patch on the base of a good beta one? Something must have happened in Atari's QA...

Comment

Working...
            X