Problems making senario!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems making senario!

I've been work on a senerio for the past month and I've finally gotten to the point were I started to do some real changes to things other than the map(added some leader heads and got rid of the settler). But now that I've done some of the stuff it crashes to the desktop any time I try to accept or deny a deal. Could someone help me figure out how to fix this. I'm running Conquests 1.15b.
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

I'll try, however can you backtrack some of those 'real changes' to a step by step save log? What I mean is saving version by version for each significate change. For instance I am on version 29. So with each major change I save as to a new version by number ascending, then test. This way you can better isolate any change that might create a problem.

For with your description, who knows what or combination of whats precipitated the current 'crashiing'.

I have noted generally this game is solid. So I would say you had work somewhat hard to crash it down.

I hope I am being helpful.
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Ok I did some tests it seems to have something to do with having changed the leader heads.
      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Ok think I've solved it I'll post again if not.

Comment

Well the problem is still there it occurs any time I try to contact a civ with a custom leaderhead and only then if I use the defalt heads for the civs in the senario it works though (like keeping the civ I changed rome into with caeser). Can any one tell me why it may be doing this?

Comment

Do you have the .flc files for each animation (i.e; from frowning to smiling, and from smiling to frowning)? And if yes, did you fill the fields properly in the editor?

If yes, maybe it is a memory issue. Make sure your leaderhead only shows 256 colors, and that the .flc files are of a similar size as the original ones.

If all of this is clear, I can't help you further. The only time I tried to implement a custom leaderhead, it worked well (except that my work was lousy).
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They're Flags so there is only one flc for each and they seem to be the correct size.

Comment

Here is the location of the senario if you wish to look at it to see if you can find anything. http://home.earthlink.net/~clanhassett/LotR.rar

Comment

Indeed, I play with Conquests v 1.0, and it completely crashes as soon as I try to get a deal. I don't know where it comes from. The Flics seem all right.

BTW, how come these few flics (about 600 kb) hold in a rar file that is 6 Mb big?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

There are 8 or 9 of them. And it might be the units.
                    Last edited by Nimitz; April 1, 2004, 00:00.

Comment

Hmm well if no one can help me right now I'll just wait on the Leader heads.

Comment

Working...
                      X