Wonders and their characteristics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders and their characteristics?

What exactly, in terms of game play, is the effect of a Wonder's characteristic?

Does it provide special bonus for civs that have same characteristics?

Does it give the civ that characteristic if it does not have it already?

I'm not sure, but I think you mean the "traits" - Scientific, Industrious, Agricultural, Religious, etc.

When you build a wonder, all of the wonders in your possession(captured, rushed and built) are checked against your Civ's traits. If both (of your civs) traits are matched by the "inventory" of the traits of the wonders you possess(even if just one wonder, such as Egypt and the Pyramids) and you have not yet had your Golden Age, your Golden Age begins.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Thanks. But there is still one GA per game though, right? Just another way to trigger.

Comment

Correct.

You can either trigure your GA via winning with the UU or building wonder(s) with both of your traights. Whichever occurs first will elimate the possibility of one from the other for the rest of the game. Note that the Internet satisfies all traights and therefore will trigure a GA to any civ unforunate enough not to have had one already.

Minor exception: Korea can't actually trigure a GA with their UU and America has difficulty doing so. (For America to trigure their GA with the F-15, it must be set to air supority and an oppoent must try to bombard a tile with an air unit within range of that based F-15 and get shot down by the F-15.)

Originally posted by mkqest
        Thanks. But there is still one GA per game though, right? Just another way to trigger.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          Minor exception: Korea can't actually trigure a GA with their UU and America has difficulty doing so. (For America to trigure their GA with the F-15, it must be set to air supority and an oppoent must try to bombard a tile with an air unit within range of that based F-15 and get shot down by the F-15.)
          That is correct in PtW. (BTW you can send F-15 to bomb, hoping an opponent fighter to intecept you and yours survive.)

But in C3C, you can actively trigger a golden age with them, since they both have lethal bombardment.

Comment

Working...
          X