Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having a SGL prevent you from popping a MGL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having a SGL prevent you from popping a MGL?

I'd say no, but in my last game with the Romans, I got a SGL early on which I decided to keep for late in the game, because allegedly one can have several SGL at the same time.
    Turns out never popped another SGL, but there's nothing statiscally strange with that.

What does seem somewhat improbable to me, is that I *never* got any MGL in that game, despite being at war with 6 other civs from 3000 BC to 1300 AD... I must have had over 100 elite units winning a combat, and not one MGL, which has basically never happened to me before.
    Of course it could very well be bad luck, but it got me wondering whether having a SGL might actually prevent you from getting a MGL...

I can't live with that doubt , so I hope one of you guys will tell me that they once get a MGL while having a SGL in reserve.
    (if someone could also confirm that they once had 2 SGL at once, that'd make my day )

while we're at it, can you pop a SGL when you have a MGL in reserve?

Comment

You cannot get a MGL if you already have a leader(any kind).

This limitation only works one way. A SGL or MGL will not stop you getting another SGL (I once got 2 SGLs the same turn but that was just an incredible stroke of luck )
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Don't have a screenshot for you (which could be doctored, even if I did), but yes, I've actually had 3 SGL at once. And yes, as bongo says, an SGL will preclude your getting an MGL.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I've posted a save in this forum wich gave you 2 SGLs when you hit enter, the post is a couple of weeks old now, I'll dig it up later

Comment

Ok thanks a lot for the info.

Is this written somewhere in the conquest documentation? I haven't seen it anywhere... (not that I've actually read it though )

Always good to know this, I hope it'll help others too!

Comment

Originally posted by philler
              Ok thanks a lot for the info.

Is this written somewhere in the conquest documentation? I haven't seen it anywhere... (not that I've actually read it though )

Documented? That is funny. At least it has been verified by some of the players here.

Comment

Here it is, two SGLs in one turn

Comment

god. i wish that would happen to me in a MP game one of these days.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I was fun but kinda ruined the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X