Chariots: What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chariots: What if?

This suggestion is only for standard Chariot.
    Have them -1hp
    But give them attack of 2.

What do you think?

I never build them, especially now that upgrades cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      I never build them, especially now that upgrades cost more.
      Me either. Horsemen become available so quickly. I forget what they cost in shields to produce compared to a warrior (and I'm at work so I can't look it up), but what about making them cheaper also?

Comment

I don't like it for one reason, player1. Horsemen, as noted above, come so early that the primary, if not only, reason anyone builds chariots is for upgrade. With your changes, all upgrading does is remove the wheeled flag (I think, or would you get that extra hitpoint back?). If you'd get the extra hp back, I like it a little more, but still am not very excited by it. IOW, it won't make chariots any more useful for me and I'm not covinced it would help the AI very much, if at all.

to you for all the thought you're putting into this and all the ideas you're tossing out, though.
        Last edited by Solomwi; March 22, 2004, 21:26.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The obvious answer is to move horseback ridding back in the chain-to give chariots time to exist.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            The obvious answer is to move horseback ridding back in the chain-to give chariots time to exist.
            Then the same problem exists on the other end, though. Knights come at about the right time, and too early to really allow both chariots and horsemen to have their fully developed "day in the sun", so to speak. I'd much rather cut the age of the chariot short than the age of the horseman.

Besides, there's not a whole lot of room to slide HBR around. At least there isn't any more room than the player can already make with his tech choices.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Of course you'll get hp back when you upgrade.

Comment

Make chariots CHEAPER and reduce the 1 hp.
                then you could use them for an early rush, though they wouldnt be too dangerous.
                Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Hmm...

And I thought that I actaully made them slightly overpowered.
                  (2.1.2, -1hp, cost 20)

Comment

I think (2.1.2, -1hp, cost 20) is a bit overpowered. 3 chariots with total hp of 9 cost the same as 2 horsemen with total hp of 8? Even considering withdrawl and promotion of opponent, horseman hasn't got an edge over chariot.

Comment

Still, it can't go through mountains and jungles.

Comment

are we talking regular chariots or egyptian war chariots? I thought regular chariots had an ADM of 1.1.2....
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

We're talking about regular chariots, and yes, they do have 1.1.2. player1 is thinking about changing that for his mod.
                          They don't get no stranger.
                          Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                          "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Hmm, dunno.

I will still build chariots for upgrade, though not like I used to in PTW. It's usually a smaller number, if any at all, since HBR seems to roll around much faster. I'm doing much more aggressive research in Conquests (though I normally get HBR via trade, not my own research).

I suppose you could just add a hit point. 1.1.2., cost 20, +1hp.

:shrug:

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Why not keep the stats at 1/1/2, but drop the cost to 10? At least then they will have some use.

Or drop the horses requirement, but keep the same stats/price. Rationale: riding horses are of higher quality. That is even better because it makes horsemen a viable alternative to swordsmen/catapults or even just swordsmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X