SoZ/ KT-style Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoZ/ KT-style Question

Just wondering about a couple of things regarding the "produces x unit every y turns" wonders...

1) If they are set to produce a worker/ settler/ any unit that lowers the population of the producing city, does the population still go down when they are produced for free, and if so, what happens when it gets to size 1?

2) Does the unit have to be enabled for that particular tribe for it to be produced, or would the wonder still produce the unit even if the civ wasn't usually allowed to produce the unit?

i think theres no population/resource or tech requirement, asides from those needed to build the improvement or wonder.

barracks are about the only thing that have any effect on improvement spawned units

Comment

in the AoD scenario, Dias' Voyage produces a colonist every 8 (IIRC) turns. it does not take a population away, and you can get them before printing press (the requisite tech).

hope that helps.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Also in the epic game no civ is allowed to produce Ancient Cavalry and Crusaders, yet the Wonders generate these units for any civ.

Comment

If resource is required for wonder/structure to be build than you need to keep this resource available (connected to this city) to have units being produced, e.g. SoZ will not work without Ivory.

Comment

i never noticed that, although i don't think i've ever had the SoZ without having ivory

Comment

Originally posted by pvzh
              If resource is required for wonder/structure to be build than you need to keep this resource available (connected to this city) to have units being produced, e.g. SoZ will not work without Ivory.
              now thats interesting.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Now all I need (Well, am curious about), is for someone to determine that if the required resource is lost, does the cycle of unit production continue with the unit just not being produced, does it pause, or does it stall when it reaches the unit production.

(E.g. 4 turns until AC is produced, and the civ with the SoZ loses its ivory. If it's 6 turns until it regains ivory, does the unit appear straight away, in 2 turns, or in 4 turns?)

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy
                  i never noticed that, although i don't think i've ever had the SoZ without having ivory
                  I once got ivory in a trade to build SoZ. So you lose your ivory unless you can renew the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by pvzh
                    i can now confirm this, as i am playing a MP game with some friends, and i took the SoZ from the Greeks (the turn after they built it, none the less), and do not have ivory. 10 turns and not one AC.

Comment

Working...
                    X