Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding the Palace flag and OCN

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the editor-especially as it regards 'Palaces' and the OCN.
    Lets say, for instance, that I have a Gov. Specific Small Wonder, which requires a palace in order to build it (hence restricting it to the capital), but has the palace flag itself! Would such a wonder have the effect of increasing the OCN, and how does this fit in with the 'Reduces Corruption' flag under Small Wonders?
    Any help you guys can give would be MOST helpful!

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker.

I'm not sure what the palace flag would do, but I don't think it would effect OCN. However, giving it the reduces Corruption flag will affect the OCN (At least in the newest corruption model)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thank you for the info Gramphos. I guess that all I REALLY wanted to know was how to increase the OCN with a Small Wonder that is located within the Capital. Combined with happiness, culture and War Weariness effects, I'm hoping that this will allow me to create 'Heart of the Empire' type Small Wonders which, should you lose your capital, will have a devestating effect on your empire-even if you shift your capital immediately!

The only problem now is creating Small Wonders which have an 'Empire-Wide' effect, and those which are limited to the Continent only!

Yours,
      The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
        Thank you for the info Gramphos. I guess that all I REALLY wanted to know was how to increase the OCN with a Small Wonder that is located within the Capital. Combined with happiness, culture and War Weariness effects, I'm hoping that this will allow me to create 'Heart of the Empire' type Small Wonders which, should you lose your capital, will have a devestating effect on your empire-even if you shift your capital immediately!

The only problem now is creating Small Wonders which have an 'Empire-Wide' effect, and those which are limited to the Continent only!

Yours,
        The_Aussie_Lurker.
        You can only have one building in the game with center of empire flag, or whatever it's called. Anything other than you have to accomplish with a Forbidden Palace type structure. And they have no, or at least little, effect on your ONC. And it looks to me that you can't even build one of those in your capital. Anytime I've been able to build the FP, it's never come up in that city.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

You can only have one building in the game with center of empire flag, or whatever it's called. Anything other than you have to accomplish with a Forbidden Palace type structure. And they have no, or at least little, effect on your ONC. And it looks to me that you can't even build one of those in your capital. Anytime I've been able to build the FP, it's never come up in that city.
          Yes, didn't think about that, but the FP has a higher effect on OCN in C3C 1.15 and later IIRC, but you can still not build it in your capital

Comment

In that case, then, how does the SPHQ work? I thought that you could ONLY build that in your capital-which is basically what I wanted to do with the 'Centre of Empire' Small Wonders. The only difference was that these other small wonders would be available in other government types! What I want to reflect, with these SW's, is the way in which your capital is the administrative heart of your empire (hence, the corruption reduction)!

Yours,
            The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Don't know. Too long since I had time to play around with the editor options. gone are the days of endless gaming, modding and programming... Might be that something with the FP is hardcoded.

Comment

In that case, then, how does the SPHQ work? I thought that you could ONLY build that in your capital-which is basically what I wanted to do with the 'Centre of Empire' Small Wonders. The only difference was that these other small wonders would be available in other government types! What I want to reflect, with these SW's, is the way in which your capital is the administrative heart of your empire (hence, the corruption reduction)!

Yours,
                The_Aussie_Lurker.
                I don't think you have to build the SPHQ in your Capital. And you're right, it does add to your ONC, but only in a Communist government.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that, about the time the game was about to be released, one of the designers mentioned that SPHQ HAD to be built in your capital!
                  On the other note, however, I realise that SPHQ only increases OCN in Communist governments, but I really want to have other small wonders which do the same thing, but in other Government types!

Yours,
                  The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

The SPHQ is just another FP that requires Espionage and Communism. As such, it can be built anywhere except in your capital city, and requires you to have cities of at least half the OCN.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that, about the time the game was about to be released, one of the designers mentioned that SPHQ HAD to be built in your capital!
                      I believe you're thinking of something I mentioned in the bug reports. At the time, the SPHQ wouldn't shut off when you switched govs, so the only place to build it so that it wouldn't benefit other government types would be in your capital. But as Alexman, points out, that can't be done. No corruption reducing building can be built in the same city as your Palace.

Comment

Well all I can say, then, is that this is an utterly ridiculous limitation! I mean, it's not as if the SPHQ-or any of my proposed Small Wonders-directly reduce corruption. They simply act by increasing the number of cities which an empire can build before corruption becomes an issue. The way I see these Small Wonders is that they represent the way in which a nation can be better run, out of it's capital, due to improved orginisational ability! Why won't they remove the leash, so to speak, and finally let the modders do there jobs PROPERLY?

Yours,
                        The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
                        X