Crash in PTW Civ3EXE JGL.dll with Womak's Graphics Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash in PTW Civ3EXE JGL.dll with Womak's Graphics Pack

First off, I posted here because obviously others have not had the same issues with using Womak's graphics pack as I have encountered as there are no posts as such that I can find either manually or with the search engines.

I have read the section about people mixing graphics packages such as snOOpys and Womaks but fell short of understanding when someone was saying something about converting back into 256 color after adding Womaks to snOOpys. Very confusing. Different formats but both usable by the same program exe but not each other??

I downloaded Womak's and first attempted to combine the files manually. No luck as soon as the opening dialogues opened for a new game the screen introduces your Civ and then crashes with the CIV3 EXE has caused the following error in.... JGP.dll. OK so I try and exit and re-launch. PTW will not respond. So I use the repair install still no response. So I uninstall PTW 1.27, PTW, and the underlying CIV3 and reinstall. PTW launched this time but still had the JGL.dll error when attempting to load the changed graphics scenario or any other for that matter. OK so I re-boot the system re-uninstall everthing again and manually go back and clean-up the left over files after the uninstall even though the wizard says its successful. I reinstall clean first CIV3, PTW, and patch to 1.27 first I try an included SnOOpys XTerrain scenario no problems. OK now I go back and try the Womak's standard package and no dice again the JGL.dll error and subsequent no re-launch possible.

OK after much frustrations of looking at the great mountains pictures and reading about others successful use of the Womak's graphics and even integrating them into SnOOpys graphics, I am getting a little ticked about now as I seem to be doing something completely wrong here? Any help or pointing in the correct direction would be much appreciated.

BTW another diagnostic revealed that 3 COM Active X components were either still open or in some way considered bad. Is there a way to identify which Active X or Direct X COMs are open and close these COMs easily after the program jumped ship mid-stream of launching and left them open? I assume they are in the mentioned JGL.dll that keeps getting called as an error when attempting to launch the PTW scenario with the Womak's graphics and again any other after the first error and re-launching without a complete uninstall/reinstall procedure? Again any help is much appreciated as I am about at the end of my rope so to speak.

Sorry if this is is the wrong forum as it seemed appropriate as a popular graphics package seems to be associated with the issue. The errors never happened before attempting this additional package.

System OS is Windows 98 if that has anything to do with it but I do not think so.
Working...
X