Don't miss the next AU course!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't miss the next AU course!

I can hardly wait! The next Apolyton University game, AU502: Celtic Power - Swords and Ploughshares, is starting in a week, more or less!

Having just mastered the Power of Seafaring, this time we will be Brennus, the fearless tattooed leader of the Celts, and we will enjoy the advantages of the Agricultural trait and the C3C version of the Gallic Swordsman!

In case you haven’t heard, Apolyton University is a school of strategy, where students sharpen their Civ3 skills and share their experiences in a series of thematic games. When playing an Apolyton University game, gaining and sharing knowledge is more important than getting a high score, a fast finish, or even winning the game. Participants are encouraged to share their strategy after the game, and even to try several attempts. Check out AU History 101 to see some examples of past courses.

So what do we do until it's time to found Entremont? Post our ideas and our initial strategy thoughts in the teaser thread, of course! See you there!
    Last edited by alexman; March 12, 2004, 23:33.

Cool........I haven't played as the Celts yet.

Comment

Ducki Ducki Ducki

Comment

And that means what, exactly, vmxa1?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

QUACK!
          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Thanks for doing the publicity, alexman!

By the way, this is one of the first courses in a long time not designed by Dominae. And there was much rejoicing...
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I'm still working on AU501. So far I must commend Dominae on a good course. Resource placement? Very devious.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                And that means what, exactly, vmxa1?
                It means Ducki is the creator of the next course. So he gets to take all the abuse this time.

Comment

Still no word about the timiing of the 1.20 patch, so it seems that AU502 will start tomorrow under 1.15b.

Can't wait!

Comment

You can play the game under stock rules, or under AU mod rules. If you are intending to play under AU mod rules, AU Mod 1.04 is out. You can test it before the actual game is released today.

Comment

Hehe a tenner says hours after you release it the patch turns up.

It should be fine........there are no real differences introduced by the new patch, so the only people affected are those who wont install the beta patch. I don't think there are too many of those left.

Comment

The only real difference will be the industrial age tech tree for people wanting to play stock rules. The AU502 game has the old tech tree for stock rules, but we might release another stock rules version after the patch comes out, in case someone wants to start late using the 1.20 patch.

However, I stongly encourage use of the mod, which will be the same with both patches.

Comment

Sounds like you are expecting 1.20 very soon. Any reason why?

Comment

No reason, except for fact that the readme has already been released.

Comment

A bump to say:

THE GAME IS OUT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X