more uses for MGLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more uses for MGLs

This idea came to me today as i was playing some civ. I tried to sink a small caravel which i knew had a MGL on it with one of my own ships. out of roughly 20 attempts i only succeded once in sinking it (hey, i like to have things go my way ) Anyway, the odds seemed kinda off, so i thought maybe the MGL in the ship gave the enemy an advantage.... but i knew that wasn't it and i just had bad luck.

Anyway, what if you could load MGL's onto warships and give them a 100% attack/defense bonus! Of course they shouldn't be permanent, and you should be able to move them from ship to ship if needed. Just imagine a BB with a great leader onboard *dreams*.

i think a "military golden age" would be freaking awesome. you could make units cheaper, or give them a slight bonus in stats.

the only problem is a rolling effect. a military golden age would begat more leaders, would would begat more golden ages.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

20 attempts, now that is persistence.

Comment

Actually, you can quite easily give MGL a 25% bonus for 'Presence'. I do that now and gave it also to the 'Princess' unit with movement by flagging each with 'radar' ability and moving 'radar' via tech back in time on the tech tree.

Goodly cheers! With this, it is especially nice to load a 'Princess' on fleets for to both enhance firepower at sea or for to help with amphibious invasions, also nice to post at key ‘fortresses’.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

thats bloody interesting. i'd love to play a game with kings like they have in the sengoku scenario with that 25% bonus. that would make them not only formidable units themselves, but also make you think about sending them into major battles to enhance all your units.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
          X