Capture Workers get free support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture Workers get free support?

In battle, I razed a few enemy cities, and got a lot foreign workers. Are they free from support cost? Will they riot? if I join them in my cities.

They are free of support, but work at half speed.

If you add them tocities that have lots of natives, it should be fine.

Comment

1. they require no support
      2. they work slower (half the speed, IIRC)
      3. if you join them to cities, they will retain their nationality. french workers will make french citizens.
      4. barbarian workers will create a TON of war weariness.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Superb!

Thank you very much Uber Krux!

Comment

Unless you have enslave, you don't have to worry about barb slaves.

Comment

while, when you said:

"3. if you join them to cities, they will retain their nationality. french workers will make french citizens."

will these immigrants cause any trouble? for example, they are more likely to be unhappy?

Comment

If you have more foreign citizens than native citizens then your cities are more likely to culture flip. That is also the reason I starve captured cities down to 1 pop. After it grows a bit again then it is all natives and there is much less likelyhood to culture flip.

Comment

forign citizens also get unhappy then you're at war with their country.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I often join foreign citizens to my cities...but only if the civ is already dead! MM'ing slaves is a pain.
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                    If you have more foreign citizens than native citizens then your cities are more likely to culture flip. That is also the reason I starve captured cities down to 1 pop. After it grows a bit again then it is all natives and there is much less likelyhood to culture flip.
                    I don't know if it is changed in c3c but number of native citizens never had much to do with flipping.
                    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

i've taken to relying almost entirely on captured workers, simply due to the free support thing. i used to resettle them, but eh. it's better to resettle my own workers and free up some cash.
                      it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                        I often join foreign citizens to my cities...but only if the civ is already dead! MM'ing slaves is a pain.
                        I used to do this, but I've since learned to love the "automate but do not alter" command. One click and you never have to worry about them again.

Comment

Working...
                        X