The Argentineans: I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Argentineans: I need help!

Finally we can play as The Argentine, use the link http://www.civ3.com.br/forum/viewtop...42238941#52123 to download this civ.
    Special thanks to Academia, BelegDraug, jorde, Androrc and alejandro-magno, they give me much information to do the civilopedia, choice the units, leader, bonuses...

I hope you all enjoy!

Civ army s. 1994

Civ Name: The Argentine.
    Bonuses: Commercial and Agricultural (C3C) and Commercial and Militaristic (Vanilla and PTW).
    Title and Leader Name: General José de San Martín.
    Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Fascism (C3C) and Republic and Monarchy (Vanilla and PTW).
    Aggression Level: 03 (moderate).
    Culture Group: American.
    Noun: Argentine.
    Adjective: Argentine
    Default and Alternative colors: Light Blue (the same of The Americans) and Dark Blue (the same of the Germans).
    Unique Unit: Pucará (replace Fighter).
    Civilopedia entry: RACE_ARGENTINE

Cities list:
    Buenos Aires
    Salta
    Rosario
    Córdoba
    Mendoza
    Paraná
    Santa Fe
    Santiago del Estero
    Jujuy
    Corrientes
    La Plata
    Mar del Plata
    Santa Rosa
    San Luis
    La Rioja
    Catamarca
    Formosa
    Resistencia
    San Juan
    Posadas
    Viedma
    Rawson
    Comodoro Rivadavia
    Venado Tuerto
    Rafaela
    Rio Gallegos
    Rio Grande
    Ushuaia
    Trelew
    Puerto Madryn
    San Nicolás
    Pilar
    GualeguayChu
    Neuquén
    Concepción del Bermejo
    Puerto Egmont
    San Fernando del Valle
    Chuquisaca
    Huaquí
    San Miguel de Tucuman
    Rio Cuarto
    Bahia Blanca
    Mar del Plata
    Viedma
    San Carlos de Bariloche
    Puerto Santa Cruz
    Ushuaia
    Misiones
    Beuguen
    Rio Negro
    Salta
    Concordia
    Junín
    San Isidro
    Vicente López
    Tandil
    La Matanza
    Formosa
    Pergamino
    Olavaria
    Luján
    Zárate

Military leaders:
    Barlotomé Mitre
    Mariano Moreno
    Juan Domingo Perón
    General Cornelio de Saavedra
    José de San Martín
    Martín Güemes
    Manuel Belgrano
    Juan Manuel de Rosas
    Yrigoyen
    San Tiago de Liniers

Scientific Leaders:
    César Milstein
    Bernardo Houssay
    Jorge Luis Borges
    Aldo Ferrer
    Cosme Argerich
    René Favaloro
    Salvador Mazza
    Luis Federico Leloir
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CivArmy s. 1994; May 5, 2004, 18:00.
    CivArmy's Civ3 and Civ4 Libraries: here

Try the spansih forum, may find more help down there from that area.

Comment

Diego Maradonna?

Are you having a laugh?

I know very little about Argentinean culture but surely you can think of a better person for your SGL than a cheating drug addict?

Edit: Ok so that is a little inconstructive. Here's a link that may help you find some SGL names:

I once heard about some bloke who took a year extra to do his PhD because of Civ I...urban legend maybe? probably not!

Comment

Maradonna out!

I put Maradonna and Evita out of the new list, all the Civ characteristcs are not atualized in this forum.
        I'm posting a leader preview, he also chage, he is Miguel de San Martins.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CivArmy s. 1994; March 5, 2004, 10:22.

Comment

He needs a countance change I think. At least a hint of a smile.

Comment

mind you, he looks like he means business without a smile!!

I once heard about some bloke who took a year extra to do his PhD because of Civ I...urban legend maybe? probably not!

Comment

Pucará Unique Unit preview

You see Pucará preview.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tj1974
                mind you, he looks like he means business without a smile!!

At least he is not as ugly as Khan.

Comment

Hi dude!
                  Altough i´m not a civ3 fan (still playing civ2!! yep. it´s alive), i think i can help you here.

Some comments:
                  Bonuses: Commercial and Agricultural (C3C) and Commercial and Militaristic (Vanilla and PTW).
                  I really like commercial and agricultural. But are you sure about Militaristic... we only fought the falklands war in the 20th century... i don´t consider argentina as a warmonger country...

Title and Leader Name: Miguel de San Martín.
                  It´s Jose de San Martin

Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Fascism (C3C) and Republic and Monarchy (Vanilla and PTW).
                  Fascism... mmm... maybe during the Peron government, but apart from that... well, we have military juntas. so yep, i guess it´s ok

Unique Unit: Pucará (replace Fighter).
                  Not bad. we also have a tank called TAM designed in the 70s

Excellent choices for the cities, leaders and scientifics lists

- Discovery by Spanish: 1514. They are looking for the Pacific Ocean.
                  Not sure about that year. FYI, Buenos Aires was built in 1536, destroyed by the indians and refounded in 1580

- The Native Indians started trade with the new inhabitants, so they were killed and by the same people. The survives have changed to Christians and married with the Europeans. What is the mainly races of the native Indians??? Tupis?
                  No, no tupis.
                  There were querandíes and puelches in buenos aires. guaranies in misiones (near paraguay).
                  tobas, mocovíes, matacos in formosa, chaco, salta.
                  comechingones and sanavirones in cordoba, santiago del estero.
                  diaguitas and huarpes in san juan, la rioja.
                  araucanos, ranqueles and tehuelches in la pampa. neuquen.
                  patagones in rio negro, santa cruz.
                  onas in tierra del fuego.

- Silver extraction was the principal activity in colonial times. The ports were numerous and were used to many routes.
                  Nope... we didn´t have silver or gold. the main mines were in bolivia and peru.
                  the principal activity was the commerce of furs with europe. wool and cotton too.

- The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1816, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army based in the interior of the colony. In these Independence times happened wars between Spanish, English and Buenos Aires inhabitants. Some historical figures appear in this period, like San Martín, hero of the Argentine Independence.
                  Mmm... not exactly accurate. but i´m not sure if you are asking for a history lesson here.

- In 1816 the republic was declared. The nation is organized and met some internal and external conflicts.
                  Yep. not bad.

- Between WWII end and the military dictatorship: Perionist Period, disputes by the power, between this party, army and other new parties, some them radicals against the Perionists.
                  Correct

- The military dictatorship happened between 1976 and 1983. It was supported by USA government. But, why Army took the power???
                  We had other military juntas before...
                  Why army took power? because it was a "tradition" in a way
                  We had our first coup d´etat in 1930. So, there was the general idea that "if things go wrong, let the militaries take the power and order the country". Before that 1976 military dictatorship, they had a good reputation.
                  Moreover, Peron died in 1973; his wife took office (not Eva Peron; his second wife Isabel Martinez de Peron) and it was one of the worst governments in our history.

- Today: the country has some economical problems, result of a plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans, grapes, corn, tobacco, peanuts, tea and wheat crops), base industries and tourism activities. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires.
                  Good

- The Argentine Civilization is Commercial (since the colonial times, the nation was used exclusivity to economical activities) and Agricultural (because the agribusiness).
                  Yep. no doubt
                  South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                  Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

CivArmy, have you thought about posting this on CFC? You might get some help there.

P.S. If you are not registered, maybe Academea can post it for you. Looks good.
                    If I only had a brain...

Comment

More about Argentine

Hi Academia, thanks for the suggestions, here come the answers:
                      Bonuses: the main combo is Agricultural and Commercial, how Agricultural is not available in PTW and Vanilla versions, I chose Militaristic because I read in some Internet sites about the investments and reorganization of the Argentine army. The country is not Scientific, Expansionist and Religious, I think the better choice was Militaristic like part of alternative combo.
                      The real name s José, my mistake
                      UU: I can make alternatives UU in the future, so I can use TAM and another one suggested in another forum, the mounted unit Granadero.
                      I found the discovery date in a Internet site, maybe it is wrong, I don’t know, but I believe this date is right. I can use the date “XVI century” unless 1514 a.C.
                      I have to change Civilopedia, the data who said about colonial economy, take silver off and put furs, wool and cotton in. Thanks!
                      Independence: the civilopedia must be simple, if you know the Independence history in two or three lines, please, post. This text must shows who fought against who and why.

Academia, thanks for all the other information, like military dictatorship, Isabel Martines de Peron, Native Indians names… I’ll use all them in Civilopedia.

Regards from Brazil!

PS: Nylan-Nolan, CFC = Civ Fanatic Center??? If it is, I have posted there.

Comment

Yes that is CFC.

Comment

Help request:
                          More info about Miguel de San Martins.
                          More info about Pucará airplane.
                          What is the date of the Republic proclamation? 1816?
                          When Buenos Aires was destroyed? It was founded in 1534 and re-founded in 1580, but when it was destroyed by natives?
                          If someone found an error or have suggestions, please, post.

I hope launch this civ this week (3D animated leaderhead, UU...) The others characteristics was upgraded in the first post.

Thanks!

Civilopedia:
                          Argentina was discovered by Spain in 1514, when it sailors in Atlantic were looking for a passage to Pacific Ocean. This land was inhabited by dozens of Native Indians as Querandíes, Puelches, Araucanos, Tobas, Patagones and Onas, that have started trade with the strangers after they arrived. Years after the discovery, disputes by lands and the intention of the Monarchy to use slavery work caused wars between Spanish, colonists and the natives, the destruction of the colony of Buenos Aires in 1.5?? is the example of one of these battles. The Indians were killed, the survives have converted to Christians and married with the Europeans. Late, slaves from African were brought to work in Argentina and in the others Spanish colonies.
                          The trade of Furs, wool and cotton were the main activity in colonial times. The ports in the coast and Plata Basin were numerous and were used to many sea routes. The Silver was extracted in others colonies, like Peru and Bolivia, not from Argentina.
                          The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1820, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army in the interior of Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and other colonies. Some historical figures appeared in this period, as Manuel Belgrano, Martín Güemes and Miguel de San Martin, hero of the Argentine Independence and his own cavalry, The Granadero a Caballo. In these times other colonies of Spain strike on for freedom, as Paraguay and Uruguay.
                          The republic was declared in 1.816, the nation was organized, native lands were conquest and the country entered in some internal conflicts (against the federation) and external one (Plata War and Paraguay War). The most important period of the Argentine politic was the Perionist Time in the XX century, centered in the image of Juan Domingo Peron, a populist politic.
                          Since the independence, the army is influent in Argentina, it took the government in different eras, for different reasons. The last period that it ruled the nation was between 1976 and 1983 supported by USA government. The army took the power saying the communist had the intention to conquest Argentina, the same argument was used in the military dictatorship in Brazil and Chile. This period was the most bloodily in the history of the country. In these years, Argentina involves in a war against England, disputing the control of the oil of Isla Malvinas (Falkland Islands).
                          Today, the country has some economical problems, result of the plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans…), base industries and tourism. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires and the people fall in love by soccer and them idol, Maradonna. The Patagonia is a rich area of natural resources, like Amazon in Brazil.
                          The Argentine Civilization is Commercial (since the colonial times, the nation was used exclusivity to economical activities) and Agricultural (because the agribusiness), in Vanilla/PTW version it is Commercial and Militaristic.

Pucará, the UU of Argentina:
                          The airplane Pucará is the Argentine unique unit, it fought in Malvinas War, foundering some ships of the powerful British navy.

Comment

3d animated leaderhead preview

u see Argentine leader preview (animated, 3D, era specific)
                            Attached Files

Comment

More info about San Martin:
                              San Martin, a short biography of the liberator of South American Countrys: Argentina, Chile and Peru

About the Pucara:

What is the date of the Republic proclamation? 1816?
                              July 9th, 1816

When Buenos Aires was destroyed? It was founded in 1534 and re-founded in 1580, but when it was destroyed by natives?
                              Sorry, it was first founded in April 2nd, 1536.
                              When it was destroyed?mmm... not sure... some people say 1541. they also claim that the population was moved to Asuncion.
                              South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                              Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Working...
                              X