Looking for Earth Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Earth Map

I'm looking for a huge Earth map with fixed starting postitions. Anybody know a good one that is compatible with C3C 1.15?

Thanks,

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Okay, I found one that's 365x365 or something that has fixed locations.

Is that playable?

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Ooo, an maximum size one? Tell me where that one is, I've been wanting a superhuge earth map That size -is- playable, but really only if you have a beefy computer (over 1 ghz speed, 512 RAM at least) and you will still have long waits between turns in the modern era.

For something smaller and easier to play, try looking over @ http://www.civfanatics.com inthe Forums there; there are a ton of maps of all sorts including both Rhye's & Kal-El's earth maps (the two I use the most), both are 180x180(silghtly bigger than the standard Huge), with historically placed civs and resources

Enjoy

ETA: NM! I found it, silly me
      Last edited by Makahlua; February 24, 2004, 10:32.
      But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua
        Ooo, an maximum size one? Tell me where that one is, I've been wanting a superhuge earth map That size -is- playable, but really only if you have a beefy computer (over 1 ghz speed, 512 RAM at least) and you will still have long waits between turns in the modern era.
        512MB RAM should be enough, but the CPU requires a lot more. On my P4 2,66 GHz a 256x256 i slow in the industrial/ modern era. Felt it was only a bit better than my Athlon 2500 (1,8 GHz), but than again AMD is better on games pr. Hz.

Remember when Civ3 first was out and I played a 256x256 map on a Athlon 750@812MHz. I used the 20-30 minutes turns to read The Silmarillion

Also, remember that the maximum number of cities, 512, will be reached before the world is covered, long before on a 365x365 map

Comment

I've got an AMD 2800+ with 1gb of RAM. Wonder if I will be ok...?

Comment

You will feel the pain when all those cities get harbours and airports, but it depends on your patience and maybe if you'll have something to do in between (like homeworks if you go to school ) Try, but it can be frustrating having all that work done and then feel it's a waste cause of the slow turns. But if you're like me, you enjoy playing the game, not winning or finishing it... Have fun, I love those big maps!!!

Can't wait to try a map like that on an Opteron CPU....

Comment

Yup, just as MoonWlf says. The trade routes will often be a killer if a cities built or razed or captured. If a big war is going on.

I did a 250 with 24 civs on 3.066GH last year to see how it went. At times in tha late game it could go from a few seconds to nearly 25 minutes. It never used more about 400MB of my 1 GB.

I played some turns on my 1.7GH and they took twice as long, almost exactly.

Comment

Working...
              X