Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual CD/No CD C3C patch?

Hello guys,

I've been posting here for quite a while so I hope no one mistakes me for a pirate. I have bought C3, PTW and C3C and have spent $140 cdn on these games

Anyways, I don't want to keep my CD in my drive if all it needs is a CD check. Where can I find a Virtual CD or NO cd patch to allow me to play without a CD?

Dex
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Go to Google or some search and find Alcohol120, it works great for Civ.

Comment

Re: Virtual CD/No CD C3C patch?

Originally posted by dexters
      Hello guys,

I've been posting here for quite a while so I hope no one mistakes me for a pirate. I have bought C3, PTW and C3C and have spent $140 cdn on these games
      Fair enough dex, but at the same time if you've been posting around for a while you'd have to notice that asking for this (even for a legit use) is highly dodgy, and is likely to result in the thread being closed sometime. Just take this as a friendly neighbourhood warning before the Admin sees it
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

An other option if you'll need to use your cd-rom drive while playing civ, is to start the game and the remove the cd. That shouldn't be illegal even the USA.

But of course, vmxa1'a suggestion will also greatly reduce the chance of destroying the cd besides being practical

Comment

That thread about CD drives getting wrecked, should be enough to make people be a bit worried. I use to leave mine in all day, even if I was gone. Not any longer.

Comment

Mr Whereitsat, vmxa1 has hit the nail in the head. I got worried after reading accounts of the exploding CDs.

Comment

Gamedrive works well, too. But you gotta upgrade.

I'm thinking of switching to Daemon.

[ok]
              [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
                Mr Whereitsat, vmxa1 has hit the nail in the head. I got worried after reading accounts of the exploding CDs.
                I have come across the idea of exploding CDs before (although I haven't seen it myself). It supposedly only happens with shoddy CDs (ie shoddy ones bought for copying onto) and with high-speed drives (48x + ). If you have a slwoer CD-ROM than that you should be OK, and I have not yet heard about a bought CD exploding, only ones bought as blank (as they are far more likely to be lower quality, at least in NZ).
                Consul.

Comment

I have a high speed drive. lite-on. Good quality though.

Comment

OK, just went to the other thread and READ several instances of commercial CDs exploding. They did seem to be poor batches though, rather than a common risk.
                    Consul.

Comment

Probably this is genuine, but tales of exploding cd (or related) woe always make me think the person asking just can't get his cracked version to work. But then I'm naturally suspicious.

Unfortunately for you the mods are too, and usually close threads like these. Hence I advise no one to post any crack related information. On the other hand this forum is undermoderated for its activity IMO so this thread may last a few days.

Comment

The tv show Myth Busters, were able to recreate the event. So it is real and the picture posted here, look real as well.
                        How common it is, I don't know. Defective products are certainly not a new phenomon.

Comment

It may well be real, but it's beside the point. Any thread with a request for an illegal crack or patch in the title has a low life expectancy, even in this forum.

Comment

Search by google will probably find you what you need.

I don't think it's allowed to post any links here.

Comment

Working...
                            X