Luxury items in City Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxury items in City Screen

I have been enjoying adding resources to my mod. There seems to be no problem in seeing other strategic resources in the City Screen (you just get a different display) but what about the luxury items with the smiley faces? All my additions are blank - though the smiley face and number is there.

I traced the mini-luxury item icons used in the city screen back to the City folder in the original Civ3 art folder, a file called luxuryicons_small.pcx. It appears to duplicate the original eight luxury items on a second row in a different order. But I cannot find out how the icons are referenced apart from the fact that they appear in the same order on the top row as they are listed.

Does anybody know how to get other luxury items to show correctly in the City Screen?

PW

I'd suggest getting Conquests. Working with new Luxuries before that can be rather convoluted, and prone to crashing your game before that XP. With the latest expansion, they've greatly improved woking with them, and all you have to do is add new rows to the luxuryicons.pcx file. I never did figure out how they worked before frankly, it didn't make any sense to me either.

Comment

Doh!

I'm actually working with Conquests now, and there is the file I should have been looking at!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X