No announcement yet.

Great Wonders and continental effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Wonders and continental effects?

Playing the Rise of Rome Conquest. I built The Oracle and Temple of Artemis in Rome (got an SGL - very nice!).

ToA has continental effects according to the civilopaedia.

I capture the Carthaginian towns on Sicily and have to build temples - OK.

I capture Carthage and get a free temple!

Alright, it is possible to trace a land route between Carthage and Rome but they should not be classed as on the same continent. I recall reading somewhere for either Civ3 or PTW that continents connected by a narrow isthmus weren't counted for continental effect wonders. If so, it doesn't work as advertised. If not, it just seems very strange.
    Never give an AI an even break.

As far as I can tell, any two places that are connected by land count as one continent, even though to all intents and purposes they might not be. After all, how thin should an isthmus be before it counts as a break in continents? What if you had a long, thin island, as thin as that isthmus?
    Last edited by Plotinus; February 18, 2004, 18:04.

Comment

Apparently, the land passage between the Middle East and Africa (the Sinai Peninsula) is made thick enough not to count as a split between continents...
      In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

Working...
      X