The Far Side of The World.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Far Side of The World.....

Somebody help me, I've been playing too much C3C lately.

I was watching Rusell Crowe chase the Frenchies halfway across the world in Master and Commander on the plane the other day, and glorious visions of my slower outclassed Byzantine Dromon catching up to a French Frigate and bombarding her into oblivion kept crowding my mind.

AU is a disease! When's the next one guys?
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Just lay down until the feeling pass.

Comment

You should have a go at the Napoleonic Scenario... crank it up a bit towards SID... if you play as the Poms / English, allow the civs to allie with Napoleon, (yeah yeah my biggest mistake) then you will have plenty of Naval action...
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

both 'master and commander' and 'the last samurai' made me think all the time about civ... and when i got home after watching those movies, i fired up a quick civ game just to fulfill my desire...
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          both 'master and commander' and 'the last samurai' made me think all the time about civ...
          The Last Samurai actually drew it's strategic battle scenese from Civ3.....once you get Riflemen and cannons, those Samurai are toast man!
          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I played the French in Napoleonic Europe...I invaded Britain and conquered the Brits in about 20 turns...INCLUDING Gibraltar. Then, I conquered Spain, but not Portugal, which was conquered by the Russians. After that, I went on some sort of rampage...

Believe me, you have NEVER seen so many cities in Civil Disorder.

When the dust FINALLY settled, there was just me, Russia, and the Ottomans...

I had around 20,000 or so VP when the game ended...I won.
            Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Working...
            X