Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III-how to influence world leaders

Hi,
    i've been playing civ-III for close to an year now. Before i bought the game i heard that u can make other world leaders declare war on each other, or u can also be an international peace-maker. But i don't think that this game really has that. Am i right ?

In the strict sense of the mechanics, no. You do not have the old wonder functions that allowed you to force peace on other civs.

One of the AU games was set up to force you to act as a peace keeper. It was accomplished by using units to block avenues of attack and things like that.

Getting civs to declare war is not hard to once you get the tech to allow MPP/RoP. Lots of threads around that talk about getting all the civs to gang up on another civ.

Comment

Ok,
      i am disapointed to find that out because in alpha centuri, that was one of the things that i liked.

THANKS.

Comment

It's an indirect influence. If you have good relations with 2 Civs and they have bad relations with each other, plus there is a disparity in their military, then they're much more likely to go to war with each other than with you.

Diplomacy - not the easiest victory (that would be spaceship) but it's easier than domination or conquest.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

It's too bad really that expanded diplomacy never happened. We've paid for 2 XPs and they've both been, in many ways, glorified Mod packs.

If you you influence over sheer domination, check out my thread on Machiavellian playstyle. It's incomplete and is in need of an update. I'll get around to it but what I have there should give you an idea of where to start.
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
          X