WTF is wrong with C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is wrong with C3C

The game keeps crashing if i try to open up diplomacy and offer or request tech.

WTF. This is teh gheyness.
    :-p

ok, it seems as if its when i propose a deal and click on anything (even "nevermind")

wtf.. its even gayer now... anyone know wtf is wrong wit it?
    post dammit!

Comment

i had a problem where one of the faces movie files got corrupted and was causing crashes. try backing up your saved games and reinstalling.

Comment

I haven't had this problem as of yet. Have you got the latest version installed (v1.15, admittedly a beta patch, but it's good)? If this and reinstalling as mactenchi suggests doesn't work, try saving right before it crashes and posting here so we can test it out. If it is a repeatable crash from the same savegame, then emailing it to firaxis with an explanation can really help, as they can get into the code and figure out the problem. Best to post it here first though, in case it is a machine-specific problem.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Zero sed
          its when i propose a deal and click on anything
          This problem can occur during diplomacy actions if the game looks for a .flc file and can't find it (i.e. due to it being corrupt, moved, mis-typed in the Rules editor when creating a scenario, etc.)

A way to check this would be:
          1) Open the scenario file in the editor,
          2) Edit Rules
          3) Hit Civilizations tab & select the Civ you are playing
          4) Look at Animations section (lower left corner) & select the Era you are playing and crashing in (e.g. Industrial Age)
          5) Note the names of the .flc files that the scenario will look for
          6) Repeat steps 3-6 for each of the Civs you were negotiating with when your game bombed
          7) Go check if those files are in the \Conquests\Art\Flics directory.
          If they are not, that's the problem.

Hope this helps. - bvc

Comment

i reinstalled it and fixed it. Thanks guys. Its weird cause it kept recurring even if i reinstalled it. But for some reason the last reinstall fixed it.

Comment

Give a thousand monkeys a thousand computers and an infinate amount of time, and one of them will eventually make one of them work.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I still don't understand what is "gay" about this problem. Did he think the leaderheads were propositioning him?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Give a thousand monkeys a thousand computers and an infinate amount of time, and one of them will eventually make one of them work.
                  They ran a test a while back and found that it probably not going to happen. You will get a fecal matter in the room though.

Comment

They have a high output of s's apparently, but I don't think the researchers allowed for infinite time.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                    X