happy war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy war?

Does anyone know why, when I declare war on a civ the people become happy and various 'I love the... day' ensue.

But when the war is finished the happiness finishes. Sorry about not being able to provide more details, my civ is generally democratic though.

It has to do with a form of national pride. You declare war (or they do so on you), and your people get filled with a sense of pride in your nation, temporarily making them forget about the over crowding and poop in the streets. Last approx 5 turns.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

In the Fall of Rome scenario, all barbarians are happy as long as they're at war with someone.

In epic games, depending on government, you get similar effects for a few turns.

Side note: For democracies, this usually happens when someone declares on you, not so much when you declare on them. But if you declare on Civ A, Civ B declares on you due to Mutual War Pact (MPP) with A, then you make peace with Civ A, everyone is happy because you're defending against the agressor. Yes, it takes a few turns before you can go to peace with A but if you time it right, B declares a turn or two before their MPP expires.
      Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
      http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Maybe all your people are registered Republican?

Comment

Working...
        X