Always Same Map! Ack! Random Speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Same Map! Ack! Random Speeds?

Hi. Plz help. I am new to the Conquests xPac, which seems harder, but am having a map problem.

On the same size map I get the EXACT same map every time I start a new game. Today I turned off Random Speeds (not knowing what it does) and no change. Also, what is this new Seed Number thing at the top of the starting page? I have tried ) and 1 in that slot but to no avial. How can I get my RANDOMLY generated maps back?

Thanks! >

If you put the same number in there you will always get the same map.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Eeeep! But I tried different numbrs yet got the exact same map How do I get the old totally random feature back?

Comment

The RNG really hates you.

Comment

If I knew what the RNG was maybe I could make friends with it.

Comment

FattyLumpkin:

RNG= Random Number Generator (The bane of more than one would-be invasion

Try putting 0 in the World Seed box. This should give you a (different) random map each game.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

You could pull out the save games you wanted and reload the software.
              The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

If the World Seed is = 0 you should get random maps. You could test the map gen with the editor. Have it crank out a couple and see if they are still the same.

Most people are complaining that they get unique ones, when they want the previous ones. IOW they are struggling to get the seed to work.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will definately try the editor to see if that works. I would like to avoid the reinstall but it may be the thing to do.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X