Bomber vs plane in city?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber vs plane in city?!

When a air unit attacks a city that is defended with a fighter was are the stats that are fought against to determine a winner?

ie Att Str of bomber Vs Def Str of fighter?

What about a bomber attacking a AA unit is it then

Att Str of bomber Vs Air Def str of land unit.

Can someone clariffy exactly how this works.

also in conquests you don't seem to get the same gfx's as in civ3/ptw when fighters rise up to defend cities, rather you get no gfx and just a message that your bomber was shot down by SAM defences???
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Check out this:

Comment

Thanks but that only explains how AA vs bombers work not bombers vs defensive fighters stationed in city!

Anyone??
      Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

IIRC, when a fighter intercepts a bomber the combat values used are the Fighter's attack value vs the bombers defence.

You get the "SAM defences" message when your bomber gets shot down by flack/mobile SAM or a SAM battery (city improvement).
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

the chance of interception (i.e. air combat) taking place is 50% (default, can be changed in editor). Then i guess use the standard "A / (A+D)" formula to determine the odds of who wins the engagement (yes, bomber can win too).

Comment

I wish fighters could fight each other for air superiority.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

they do in my mod.

Just set attack equal to defense. THen whenever there is an air combat, its a 50% chance to win/die.

Of course, before you send your bombers off, its a good idea to send your own fighters on bombing runs (interception sweeps) - if there are any fighters on air superiority duty, they will first have to fight the 'fighters'.

Comment

Working...
              X