newby - sabatoged production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newby - sabatoged production?

I am a newby maybe into my 3rd game (Civ III Gold, no expantion pack yet) and have learned the basic ins and outs. I am into year 2069 and I am wondering what is going on. Each turn my cities say they built this and that, but after that finishes and I check the numbers none of my units are actually increasing? I can't grow my military any larger! Is this a bug or are the enemy civs sabatoging my production every turn? And if so how in the bloody hell do you stop that?!

Thanks

There is a limit to how many total units and cities can be built in the game.

Comment

I thought the unit limit was 4096? Have a war to prune things down.

Just FYI, the scoring stopped at 2050 or earlier if you met any victory conditions.

Comment

Yes I know the scoring is over after 2050, I just wanted to feel the power of blowing everyone up . I know I'm not near 4096 units though. I'm at work right now so I can't count the total, but I know I'm no where close to 4096. My biggest number is 579 modern armors and every once in a while (3rd or 4rth turn) one or two modern armors will get built out of maybe 25 cities building them, but I didn't loose any other units. I think something goofy is going on. Furthermore that would really piss me off since the other CIVS have more units than I but it might make things more challenging.

Comment

The unit limit is for all civs total, I believe. So you may not have the 4096, but all the civs combined might. Launch a few nukes about at random, that'll take care of a few at least
          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Yes the limit is the game limit. Its the total number of cities and units for all civs in the game combined.

Comment

Yeah... You seriously need to start blowing the crap outta some things... or start over.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Stop building armors. Start using them.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

579 MA's???????? Holy cow......it's time for the "Mother of all Wars", Saddam! Blow the crap out of the AI.

What level are you playing?
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Man I do not want to deal with those numbers.

Comment

Incidentally, if the AI does sabotage production in one of your cities you will get a pop up saying so. I have only ever had this happen once. It was in a PTW game when an AI civ sabotaged one stealth bomber production so it is quite rare. The only responses are to either run an expose spy mission through the espionage screen or go kick the cr*p out of that AI civ so they can't do it again.
                      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Hehe, start a new game, for goodness sake.

Comment

Originally posted by kevster030
                          ... and every once in a while (3rd or 4rth turn) one or two modern armors will get built out of maybe 25 cities building them, but I didn't loose any other units.
                          Sounds like that is unit losses by and between the AI civs.

May I respectfully suggest that you could, hmmm, accelerate said losses, and thus your own unit builds?

In other words, GET CRACKING!! YOU HEAR ME, SOLDIER??!! I WANNA SEE MAXIMUM MAYHEM AND DESTRUCTION, RIGHT NOW!!!
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

kevster030 any chance you could post the save or email it to me?

I was woindering if the limit was in fact raised to 8192 and this may be a chance to find out.

*vmxa.att.sbcglobal.dot.net*

drop the word att and the extra . and the word dot and the *, you know the drill.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X