No announcement yet.

How would you like your cavalry today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you like your cavalry today?

I am playing the Iroquois, and I wasn't able to get Horses until after Chivalry. I thought I would only be able to build Knights, but I see that Mounted Warriors are still an option! I also got some Ivory, so now I have Light, Medium and Heavy!
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, you can build any UU so long as your GA hasn't expired. Once your GA is expired and your UU is made obsolete you loose the ability to make them.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ah! So it expires with your GA. I've wondered why sometime I can and sometimes I can't build my UU.

Comment

Good discovery! I always wondered about that too. Yet another tidbit Firaxis neglected to put in the manual...

Comment

Nice info, now I have to write it down before I forget.

Comment

donegeal taught:
            you can build any UU so long as your GA hasn't expired. Once your GA is expired and your UU is made obsolete you loose the ability to make them.
            BTW this can be exploited to produce a lot of good troops quickly. For example, say you are Egypt, haven't yet triggered a GA, and have a strong economy (i.e. lots of gold). You can grow a formidable military by setting your towns to build War Chariots (quick at 20/10 shields each), then when they appear put them in a barracks and upgrade them to Knights (+50gp) or better still Cavalry (+60gp), and voila: instant kick-butt fast-moving stacks.

- bvc

Comment

Well, the value of this is somewhat less in conquests with 2X upgrade charge than vanilla, but it's still worthwhile if you have enough cash.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yes I am paying 120 gold to upgrade a horse to a knight. So painful as I do not have enough cash to get them all done.

Thank you C3C.

Comment

Working...
                X