Advances problem on a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advances problem on a map

I recently created a map (using bmp to bic) and tweaked it some (with rivers, resources, etc.)

When I play a game on it, I get the Civilization advances at one every four turns even if I turn my science down to 20%. I don't get them at all at 10% or 0%.

Anyone have any idea what causes this?

This is Civilzation Gold PTW mod (bix) and I only have "Custom Map" checked. Not rules or player things.

Thanks!

Try to set the tech rate of all mapsizes to something higher (it is possible that any mapcreating tools set the mapzide for rules to anything (most likely tiny))
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Well, I tried setting all the advances up to 400 to see what would happen and nothing works. It is crazy.

Thanks for the answer, though.

Comment

It isn't the advances, but the techrate for all mapsizes.

Comment

That is what I meant.

Anyway, if anyone thinks looking at the map might help I posted it in a thread on Civfanatics. Here it is:

Okay, I asked this over at Apolyton too. I recently created a map with BmptoBic and imported it into the PTW editor. It is a huge map. I added rivers, resources etc. and started to play. However, all the Civilization advances only take one turn. Normally they take about thirty to start...

This is just the map version with no rules changes.

Comment

Check the minimum and meaximum research times on general settings aw well (it whould never be faster than 4 turns by default)

I don't have time to look at the file itself this weekend, but maybe later. I think I've actually seen this error before in mpats that don't have all the characteristic information set correctly.

Comment

Working...
            X