Espionage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espionage

I have gotten to a point in my Sid game where I will have to steal tech to survive. Do we have any resource that is reliable on espionage? For example, what are the actual differences between stealing immediately, carefully or safely?

Any information will be appreciated.

As far as I know, the actual differences are in the cost of the mission and of course the likelihood or unliklihood of the mission's success. Imediately would be the cheapest mission but higher failure rate, Carefully would cost more than Immediately, but not as much as Safely, but the failure rate is about average. While the Safely mission would cost the most but have a lower failure rate (or a higher success rate, depending on your view)...At least, this is my take on the whole espionage thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
      As far as I know, the actual differences are in the cost of the mission and of course the likelihood or unliklihood of the mission's success. Imediately would be the cheapest mission but higher failure rate, Carefully would cost more than Immediately, but not as much as Safely, but the failure rate is about average. While the Safely mission would cost the most but have a lower failure rate (or a higher success rate, depending on your view)...At least, this is my take on the whole espionage thing.
      It would have been nice if Firaxis had released some specific information.

Comment

It is actually cheaper and easier IMO to steal before you get IA. After that the failure rate is quite high, so I use safely to actually make it cheaper than imediate. I say that as if I have to get the tech and need more tries with the so called cheaper modes.

This is just anticdotal and is not from any vast usage,

Comment

One thing learned from observation. In stealing electricity from the Fascist Hittites (whoose score is about 3x mine) I saw that they were researching replaceable parts next. That is interesting, and in this particular game, unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
            One thing learned from observation. In stealing electricity from the Fascist Hittites (whoose score is about 3x mine) I saw that they were researching replaceable parts next. That is interesting, and in this particular game, unsettling.
            naval bombardment is the great equalizer in such a situation. will take tons of frigates (or ironclads), but you can chip away.

Once they turn fascist, they are quite ruthless, i've found.

Comment

Working...
            X