Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the huts always 'maps' in my home made games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the huts always 'maps' in my home made games?

I have been making my own senarios etc for my own epic style games.

Anyways, when playing them, every hut i get is "x tribe wants to share there maps with you".

Everytime! Can't be coinsidance! What do i have to do to be able to get other things out of huts?

Bad luck.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

BS. It can't be bad luck. I just made the game so i start off with an explorer to do some scouting for me to test. (i set the scout unit to explorer, and choose a expansionist civ). I also set the road movement rate to 10.
      THis means my explorer can travel 20 squares each turn.

So, i let him loose, and after about 20 quick turns, all the explorer found in huts were maps.

I tried this several times. same result.

Comment

That does not sound right to me. Many test have been run and posted to test techs from huts and no mention of any such phenom.

Try logging each hut to see if you have not glossed over some other outcomes.

Comment

An expansionist civ may get maps more often than those with other traits, but should get a sprinkling of other results.

Test this by turning Save World Seed off, then save and replay the hut-busting move to see whether other results come up.

Comment

What difficulty level are you playing in (tweaked or not) and the general tab page what default is chosen for the AI?

I have found varying results based on moving these settings around, however not as bad as yours but similiar. Try both settings on Monarcy or Emperor, although you can go ahead, rename and tweak them as you please. Any way that worked for me. Good Luck!!
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            If I can't answer you don't worry
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

snoochems, additionally there are two other factors, namely what 'Age' were you in? the unit, try a scout and a warrior instead of a explorer.

Again, Good Fortune, I think Goody Huts are integral to game culture.
              The Graveyard Keeper
              Of Creation Forum
              I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

An expansionist civ may get maps more often than those with other traits, but should get a sprinkling of other results.

Nope, the only special thing about huts for expansionist is that Scouts (or rather, the unit set to the "scout" unit on the General tab) cannot pop barbs from huts.

Comment

You may have hit on it Antrine. If all ancient techs are discovered, you cannot get techs. I would still expect to see some warriors or gold, but who knows.

Comment

Wow, i can't beleive no one else here has had this problem.
                    When i first got conquests i remember having this problem. I can't remember what was causing it though.

I make my own difficult level up, and the world size, and some general settings are changed too. The setting are all usually set to favor big time epic games. (20 civs, 320x320 map, raod movememnt = 10 etc)

Do you think it could be something to do with my own difficult level? I'll go try.

Comment

snoochems, I am doing the same, now version 23, on a 360 by 306 map, 31 civs, plenty (hundreds) of barbarian camps.

The Age matters, the unit you hit the hut with matters, the characteristic settings of the Civ matters and the two difficulty settings matter (so far as I can tell). Some of my analsys is admittedly unscientific, however with all these tweaks I get results I can more neatly predict.

And I did encounter similiar problems you mentioned, (see above).
                      The Graveyard Keeper
                      Of Creation Forum
                      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

okay. The problem ended up being that i made my own difficulty level.

Instead, i just changed one of the existing difficulties to the exact same settings that i had made up for my own. Problem solved. Now i get everything in huts.

Comment

Happy Gaming
                          The Graveyard Keeper
                          Of Creation Forum
                          I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Is there no editor control over what you can get from a hut?

Comment

The simple answer, no.
                              However, we ( anybody) are lobbying or (crying) for to have these options in an upcoming PATCH this spring!!! Firaxis HINT HINT
                              The Graveyard Keeper
                              Of Creation Forum
                              I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X