No announcement yet.

The strongest Civ. C3C Edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I generated 10 in one city from defense. None or nearly none from barbs as the AI wiped them out in a hurry (Sid and they have many troops).

Comment

Aeson said... My personal favorite are the Dutch. They make the most of land and water, even if their UU isn't the greatest (though certainly nice to have).
      I've played the Dutch the last couple of times and found that a combined arms attack of Swiss Mercenaries and Knights, with Crusaders as nutcrackers, though slower than knights alone was very effective and difficult to stop. And 2 or 3 curraugh(s) can explore a Lot of territory and locate the ivory. However, my knights did have to learn a lot of self-control to hold back with the slow guys and let the crusaders take out the pikes first.

GarP2, the slow

Comment

Mayans are addictive for early game, but they kind of peter off later.

Comment

Bring on the Celts...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I love the Mayas. That one extra food allows one more mined hill for most cities, and if there's desert, the food bonus greatly increases!

Plus they start with Pottery and can build the Granery quickly by choping down forests. (Americans can also do this.)

I avoided the early GA as Maya by simply keeping my military strength high enough to keep the AI from wanting to attack me. The first war I had was started by me the turn I discovered Fission and noticed how far the Uranium was from my then very well developed but kind of small empire. I already had Modern Armor and Mech Inf and so the regular infantry + Calvary of my target was hopelessly outclassed.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Both Seafaring and Expansionist traights are very good for increasing contacts. Expansionist is somewhat better early on due to goody huts on the main land, but later on seafaring becomes better. Expansonist is also purely active while seafaring does have the passive element of increased commerce for a sea on the coast.

Agricutural and Industrial both have passive and active features. (More food or shield in city tiles being passive and irrigating desert / all worker actions faster being active)

Commerical is purely passive. (Less corruption and increased commerence)

Relgious, Scientific, and Military are purely active. (Half price of some stuctrues.)
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X