Scientific Leaders -> I got one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientific Leaders -> I got one!

Last time I was checking the forums more in dept, I noticed there was a discussion about no one having a SL. Well in my current game, the mass production tech, brought more than mass production to my empire. Just to let you know that they do exist!

Any others lucky ppl out here?

just for the records I play on the world map with 31 civs on emperor

Yes people are reporting getting them, just not all that often. A few have even had more than one in a game. I once got three in a game, but it is not unheard of to get none.

Anyway glad you got it.

Comment

I've still never gotten one.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I generally get them every other game or so now. Oddly I haven't gotten any the current game as the Koreans, though I've gained many techs first.

Comment

Ooh I'm sure you will get one at some stage che gue

Comment

I've gotten quite a few of them playing the scenarios, but I've yet to get one in an epic game. I wonder if the percentages are different...

jon.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I had 4 in one of the single city games I played

I think it helped me completely dominate the AI, despite playing on emperor

JOn Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                I've gotten quite a few of them playing the scenarios, but I've yet to get one in an epic game. I wonder if the percentages are different...

jon.
                Should not have an effect, but they could have done something to alter the AI's method of researching. Allowing you to beat them to more techs than normal.

Comment

I've had a couple. Maybe once every 2-3 completed games or so. (Less since I switched to emperor, as I gain techs first significantly less often before the industrial age.)

Comment

I play a lot of multiplayer and I usually get a lot. In one game I even got two in the same turn.

One of the most exciting things that can happen in the game i think.

Comment

I've gotten one in an epic game (non scientific civ), and two in the Mesopotamia conquest (Greeks). Now, MGL...haven't seen any of those (except for the one you start out with in the RoR conquest)
                      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I've gotten six in the first two eras of a game. *Flees from angry mob*
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

JW you have never used an ugly avatar AFAIK. Now about those 6 sgl........

Comment

I got 24 SGL's in the Ancient Age of one game last night, 7 in one turn. Ran out of wonders to buid.
                            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Must be some confussion on this as you get an SGL from discovering a new tech. You can't discover 7 techs in one turn.
                              Maybe you mean MGL. In C3C MGL's cannot build wonders.

Are you talking about CivIII or PTW, instead of Conquest?

Comment

Working...
                              X