Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curragh Idea

here's a stupid idea i just had

curraghs are meant to explore, they can't transport anything.

what if they had the option of popping coastal goodyhuts at the expense of a movement point? it seems to fit into their "role" quite well, and in my current game, there are a ton of uninhabited islands, with a ton of coatsal goodyhuts that no one will pop until they load units onto galleys and come back for them.

what say ye? is this a decent idea?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

It makes sense to me...would be the in-game example of a ship sending out rowboats or canoes to investigate a small tribe.
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I would say the easiest fix would be to have the curragh capable of carrying one unit (preferably not a military unit...like a scout, or even a worker for that matter). If you happen to pop a barbarian hut...well, "thems the breaks."

Comment

That would make exp on a map with lots of island very strong. No worry about barbs.

Comment

I like this idea, but I'd also like to see barb huts modified to spawn a galley or two (I know, I know... max 2 barb units, but that "feature" should be changed anyway).

Even without that, its not bad: pop some barbs? no problem. Pop a "skilled" warrior on that one-tile island? Sucks to be you.

jon.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I like uber's idea.

Comment

A good idea. I modded the curragh to transport 1 unit specificly to pop the goody huts. I'm content with it.
              "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I have too, however one small problem I have so far not seen the AI do it? Or even use them to transport anything. I notice though that they send everything in twos, so I will be next testing the 'curragh' unit with ability to transport 2 and see if that does not inspire their use. I also made it so they can be made from the get-go or very first turn. We'll see, the AI use triggers are often a seeming mystery; sure wish I could 'tweak' those 'sacred cow routines'. HINT, HINT.... Firaxis are you listening....
                The Graveyard Keeper
                Of Creation Forum
                If I can't answer you don't worry
                I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I think it would be cool if ships spawned a floating goodie hut if they got sunk.

Maybe the curagachitsname could bombard goodie huts?

Comment

Ok, but put barbarian ships and barbarian piracy again in the game.
                    Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                      Ok, but put barbarian ships and barbarian piracy again in the game.
                      Well, there are ships...but barbarian piracy would be cool. Basically a later age barbarian ship, with the enslavement ability.
                      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                      X