Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install 1.27f UK patch

Hello,

We have two computers on a lan, and both have their own versions of civ3 and ptw installed. Each has it's own PTW disc, mine being successfully patched to 1.27f. The other computer has version 1.14, and will not upgrade. This is a UK disc.

We have tried both the UK and the US patches, but then when we relaunch the game we get a no cd error.

Does anyone have any tips for this problem? It's very annoying because we specifically purchsed two copies of the game so that we could play against each other.

thanks

michelle

If you are sure it is a UK disc then the patch should work (where did you get the patch from?).

Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling and patching?

Email Infogrames/Atari support. They may be able to help. Particularly if there is an issue with your CD drive or something like that.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Have you found a solution for this problem, as we are experiencing the same? We bought an extra PTW cd today (v1.14), and already had one in the house which we thought it would be fun to run on the home network.

The orginal pc which had PTW installed is running on Win 98 and will happily run the 1.27f patch - the Win XP pc will run PTW (with no patch installed) but as soon as the patch is installed it gives a nocd error.

Arghh! If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative!

Dhia

Comment

Did you actually check the part number on the disk?

I bought the Gold edition in the UK over the counter and the PTW disk is the US version.

Comment

Working...
        X