Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age of Napoleon Domination Victory: Impossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Napoleon Domination Victory: Impossible?

Well, it's sad how much time I've spent trying to do this--but is it possible to control 40% of the land mass and 40% of the population in the Napoleon scenatrio before one amasses 60,000 victory points? In my latest game, I had defeated the Spanish, the Portguese, the Napolitans, the Dutch, and the Austrians, with *big* pieces of the Ottomans and the Prussians under my control, and still hadn't reached the 40/40 limits. I was getting close--41% of landmass and 36% of population--with plenty of time left (14 turns left) when I surpassed 60,000 VPs.

Has anyone won the domination victory, as opposed to the VP victory? Which countries did you take on, and in what order?

!

Do you think you could have made the pop requirements in 14 more turn? If so you could have built fewer Temples or sold some to slow down the culture for those 14 turns.

Comment

Actually, off the CD unpatched, you can win a hollow domination victory on turn 1.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Indeed, that was my first SID level victory.
        "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
        Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

First, I should have specified that I was talking about the French. It would probably be easier as the Russians--even though their units are weaker--but the Russians don't have to worry about their rear, so playing as them is cheating, to some degree.

Vxma1--if I understand correctly, the victory points accrue according to units destroyed, cities conquered, "victory locations"--those little obelisk things--occupied, and wonders built. I don't think that victory points and culture points aren't the same thing, and so temple building wouldn't decrease the number of victory points gained. And what's more, if the French didn't have temples, the war weariness would be even more out of control!

Comment

Yeah you are correct, I misread it.

Comment

You got the hard part IMO, 40% territory. The population aspect should be the easy part as the French.

You can set up Boulogne and Brussels as 1 turn Worker factories once you trigger your GA. Several others work well as 2 turn Worker factories, and a couple can be turned into 1 turn Worker factories with the right improvements. Most cities should build a Worker the first turn because they are using unimproved tiles with Laborers anyways.

Build pop in the Worker factories and add them (after improving tiles to work) to your other cities. This will turn 10 food Workers into 20 or 40 food population points, and keep all your Laborers using improved tiles.

If you keep your cities maxed out on pop this way, you definitely will hit 40% pop by the time you hit 40% territory, if not sooner. The AI won't be able to have larger cities than you, because your cities have maxed population, and to claim 40% of the territory you pretty much need 40% of the cities. If your cities are all maxed in population, and you have 40% of them, the best the AI can hope for is to limit you to 40% of the population by having all their cities maxed out too.

Comment

Working...
              X