Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glossary and abbreviations in Civ3 (incl. C3C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Alexman said it, then it's WASTE. Updated.

Arrian, somebody in awe of you put the term 'famed'. I quoted the whole paragraph and didn't want to take out even one word it adds a bit of 'flavor' to the thread. Besides, not every day the incarnation of Darth Vader haunts a forum like this...
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Bah, Vader was a lackey. I'm Palpatine.

-Arrian

edit: although Arnelos has Palpatine as his avatar, so I might have to settle for Vader.
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A phrase that is new to me on returning to this forum after many months away is epic game. I assume from the context that it means a 'normal' game of Civ, as opposed to any Conquest or other scenario, but it would be nice to have this confirmed and documented.

Comment

From what I understood, an epic game is an heroic game which pitted you against dozens of fouls civs, all more advanced and meaner than you, their leader being without exception full of deceit and cowardice.
          However, despite the odds, you managed to survive and even won the game, proving to the whole world that your civ was, after all, the best one.

PS. Just let me know if I'm mixing up LotR, D&D and Civ3...

Comment

New to me: what's "SOD"?

[My thanks to Jaybe and vmxa1!!]
            Last edited by Hermann the Lombard; February 25, 2004, 22:19.
            "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

SOD: Stack of Doom
              A large (10 to 40+) stack of invading units. Can be yours or the AI's.

Comment

LarryLard most are really just refering to a standard game of CivIII as opposed to a scenario or a conquest. At least that is what I have taken it to mean,

Stack Of Doom can be any size if you cannot deal with it. Your unguarded city is looking at a SoD if 2 units are coming. But it does tend to be large numbers.

Comment

epic game came into use when conquests came out... don't know why
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

SoD added. Did I forget that?

Comment

*bumped* for reference purposes

Comment

updated

Comment

Seems to me to be missing : Civ III Classic : The original civ III without expansions.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                          X