HELP-Conquests quit working!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP-Conquests quit working!!

My son was trying to install "Best of the Net" and now conqusts won't work at ALL!!

I have no idea what he did. I have tried to reinstall and it gives me three options. I have tried "modify" (installed all components), repair, and uninstall. Tried to remove conquests completely throu "add/remove programs"-wouldn't uninstall it. Nothing seems to be working! HELP!!
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

I take it you are talking about the stuff on the free CD. I have it, but never used any. I think it is all PTW stuff and may have some requirements for PTW items that are removed by C3C, just a guess.

Is this XP or Win98 or what?

If XP use the add/remove to remove last in, out first. Start with patch to C3C if any.

If Win98, use regedit to remove any stuff for Civ. Delete folders (copy off any saves you care about or scenarios). Remove the start entries and then reinstall.
    If the XP won't work either (it always has for me) use the same steps as Win98.

Comment

Hey vmxa1. I'm using XP. I removed the 1.15 beta patch NP. When I try to remove Conquests...Nothing happens. I am using the "add/remove programs" from the control panel.

When I attempt to start the game, I get the Atari box and then when it should go to the film the screen blinks and I am back to the desktop.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Okay...I think I have problem isolated to binkw32.dll file. I have this file but need to know what folder it goes in. Anybody know??

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
          Okay...I think I have problem isolated to binkw32.dll file. I have this file but need to know what folder it goes in. Anybody know??
          Plato, I searched and have several binkw32.dll files on my HD. Apparently it goes in the Conquests folder (the first one). I'm using 98se, but it should still be the same.

(Alternately, it can also go in the Diablo2 folder, but I doubt that's the one you need)

Hope this helps,

Steven
          Last edited by steven8r; January 24, 2004, 21:39.
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

YES!!!

IT works!! 6.5 hours of a Saturday wasted, but we are back!

the bink32w.dll file does indeed go in the Conquests folder (Thanks Steven8r). The problem actually turned out to be the race.bik file. Somehow it was deleted.

Phew.

Comment

Yahoo

Comment

Thanks to you to vmxa1.

Question asked and answer found. Ming...Do your thing buddy.

Comment

Working...
                X