Adding "super resource"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding "super resource"

I'm thinking of adding a sort of super resource that gives you maybe 50 or 100 extra shields and commerce. If I've understood the editor correct, setting the Disappearance Ratio to 1 means this will change position every turn. There will only be one resource on each map meaning maxium 1 random city will have a boost occasionly.

The reason for doing this is just for fun or to simulate that people sometimes do a major breakthrough.

Just want to hear your thoughts about this...

Also, anyone knows if a resource with like -10 food as "bonus" will "steal" food from the granary? Could be a possible punishment for this resource

Re: Adding "super resource"

Originally posted by MoonWolf

Also, anyone knows if a resource with like -10 food as "bonus" will "steal" food from the granary? Could be a possible punishment for this resource
    Won't work, I will just set your food for that square to 0.

Comment

In adding a super 'resource'. This is in addition to the ones already present or are you modifying an existing one? I cannot confirm the Disappearance Ratio 1 setting; sounds like an intensive debug and watch game. However, whoever figures this out please pass it along.

My goodies are more simple, like raise the HP, and range of the units the AI already favors. Lower the price, etc. Beef up what the tiles now return, so the AI need not till to build and pre-lay their main roads for them so they better expand where you want and they do not waste so many resources on simple contentment or happiness.
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

You can set the bonuses negative?

Also, wouldn't you have to make this a strategic resource? Lux and bonus resources don't disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          You can set the bonuses negative?
          Yes you can, though it only affects that particular tile and won't go into a negative number. 0 is the lowest you can go.

Also, wouldn't you have to make this a strategic resource? Lux and bonus resources don't disappear.
          Luxuries can be made to disappear, however once they do they don't reappear anywhere else. They're gone forever.

Comment

Disappearing luxury resources, eh? I wonder how it would work (including AI trading) if oil, for example, were switched to a luxury resource (larger local deposits) with a much increased disappearance factor, especially if you say that luxuries don't reappear if they disappear. (the consumption of fossil fuels idea)

Comment

The problem with such a super resource would be that it woul be extremely unbalancing in the early game, but less so later on. That is, unless you set it so super that it is 1,000 shields, in which case whatever is on the build roster gets completedly instantly GL style.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X