Black Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Death

I am still playing the middle ages conquest. The only problem I am having at this point is the Black Death. It seams little by little all my cities are getting it and once they do it never seems to go away. Does anyone have any info on Black Death?

It's a hit and miss thing. It sometimes affects only one or two cities, or sometimes affects almost all of them. Sometimes you don't even get it at all. Same thing goes for duration. If you're having a problem with it in your game, it's just bad luck

Comment

What does it do? Does it just kill pop?

Comment

No, it can also kill units that are in the city as well. Mostly population though.

Comment

Incidentally, it spreads quicker if a city is connected by a road, and apparently Walls make it more lethal. Or so I've read.

Comment

Though I haven't played the Middle Ages Conquest yet...I do have an idea as to why it's spreading around your Empire. This is what I would do if one (or more) of my cities were struck by plague:

1. Cut all roads to the infected city (isolate it from the rest of your cities)

2. If the infected city has a port - sell the port (again, isolating it from the remainder of your Empire).

3. And lastly, like the Civ2 Advisor always said:
            Build City Walls!! in your uninfected cities to hopefully slow the spreading of the disease down.

Since I haven't played the Middle Ages Scenario yet, these are just guesses...but they do make sense.

Comment

Incidentally, it spreads quicker if a city is connected by a road, and apparently Walls make it more lethal. Or so I've read.

Makes sense - If an infected city has walls, the infection would be greater - but the infection would also burn itself out if it is kept contained to the city in question.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Re: Black Death

Originally posted by JohnDoe3815
                I am still playing the middle ages conquest. The only problem I am having at this point is the Black Death. It seams little by little all my cities are getting it and once they do it never seems to go away. Does anyone have any info on Black Death?
                Well finally the Black Plague has ended. Matter of fact all my cities were cured all at the same time. I am not sure what happened to get this result, but I am happy that it is over. Thanks for the quick responses.

Comment

Re: Re: Black Death

Originally posted by JohnDoe3815

Well finally the Black Plague has ended. Matter of fact all my cities were cured all at the same time. I am not sure what happened to get this result, but I am happy that it is over. Thanks for the quick responses.
                  Like I said, it's a hit and miss thing. If you go into the editor, you can find some of the parameter used in the Scenario Properties section.

Comment

Kinda cool animated vultures surrounding the infected cities.

Steven
                    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

There might be a tech somewhere late in the middle ages conquest that greatly reduces the chance of plague.

In the with plague mod, Sanitation does the trick.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The vultures are very cool. My eyes popped out of my head and I fell out of my chair when I first saw them.

I think it's also important not to move any units from cities with Black Death to uninfected cities.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Has Firaxis provided any documentation on the exact mechanics of the Plague? If not, this would be a really cool thing for alexman to test

Comment

As it is, without date, this is sorta reminding me of how the actual civilizations reacted to the real plague...
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                              As it is, without date, this is sorta reminding me of how the actual civilizations reacted to the real plague...
                              They asked their god for the details of the plague, and barring that got a top notch scientist to do testing on it?

And I'm not so sure they were too quick on quarintine either...
                              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X