Future Tech Scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Tech Scenarios?

I've been playing CivIII Conquests now for several weeks, but I was wondering if anyone had developed a scenario that takes off where future tech starts up. Possibly a 21st Century conquest scenario with new wonders, new tech/units and modern nations? I recall that Civ2 had something similar in its fan-content "Best of Net" files, but has anyone done such a thing for Conquests yet?

you'd need a whole new set of units, techs... almost a complete game...

If I had an interest I'd give it a go... But I'm a fantasy nut, not a futuristic nut
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Try this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60731

I didn't play it myself, but it sure looks interesting.

Comment

There are plenty of scifi units already made (check out the various sites to find them, although GI Dustin's site might be easiest -- www.gidustin.net). Look for units by Wyrmshadow, Piernik, CivGeneral, and BeBro; TPAsmall, Pleb, The Morpheus for Star Wars & Star Trek).

Pick up a copy of Alpha Centauri for 10 bucks just for the future tech tree -- it has some interesting ideas.

Just some thoughts --

-Oz
        ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Working...
        X