Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size 12+ cities before hospitals

I can upload an example of this.

Anyway, how does this happen? I thought the 12 pop limit was hard, but I've had several Conquests games where cities have gone past 12 prior to Santitation being discovered. Every now and again, I'll get a 13-14 pop city, but in one game I found London, England to have a pop of 20, no hospital on site!

[ok]
    [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Shakespeare.

Comment

To explain a little further (sorry alexman ), the city that builds Shakespeare's Theater acts as if it has a hospital already. Thus this one city can grow beyond a pop of 12 before Sanitation. This change was introduced with C3C.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Nothing like a good play to make one ignore the filth and squallor surrounding them, yep.
        Friedrich Psitalon
        Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
        Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          To explain a little further (sorry alexman ), the city that builds Shakespeare's Theater acts as if it has a hospital already. Thus this one city can grow beyond a pop of 12 before Sanitation. This change was introduced with C3C.
          Didn't know this, thanks for the info
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I really can't see that use it makes much sense. But it's nice to have in the game. Breaks the boredom.

Comment

It also makes it a beeline wonder in an OCC....
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I suspect the OCC situation may be one of the few times it proves useful, else the tech is a little off the beaten track (although perhaps good for catching up with techwhoring it in SP), and generally having cities producing population pollution before any pollution-reducing improvements or RRs in place to quickly clean up pollution is not a great idea.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                X