Something I noticed about the German Panzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I noticed about the German Panzer

On the tech tree..Modern Armor is just 2 techs away after the Panzers, given you researched flight before the tech where you get panzer (forgot name).

That really devalues the Panzer even more doesn't it?

nope try again.

Comment

Panzer tech--->radio---> then the first modern tech I forgot name--> then the second modern tech is modern armor.

2 techs between panzer and modern armor. Radio and a modern tech forgot name since I am at work now and can't check.

Comment

ah, might want to check those resource requirements....

Comment

ecology -> synth. fibers

+

rocketry (aluminum)

Comment

Modern Armor is 3-5 techs away, depending on when you research Flight and Radio(before or after Motorized Transportation).

Comment

ok you need one more tech I forgot for the resource.

I guess that makes panzer a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by Artifex
                ok you need one more tech I forgot for the resource.

I guess that makes panzer a little better.

FWIW, I usually go the southern route, to build the Internet, to boost tech rate (sometimes get gen. engineering) But then again, I haven't had a truly competitive modern age in awhile (though my current game looks to be headed there )

Comment

The AI and usually the human will not beeline for MA anyway, so Panzers have a bit longer shelf life.

Humans will likely try to get the Bismark out of the game before he gets tanks, if they know whas go for them.

Comment

On the tech tree..Modern Armor is just 2 techs away after the Panzers, given you researched flight before the tech where you get panzer (forgot name).
                    other than the specific number of techs (which has been corrected), your statement assumes that someone playing as the germans would for some godforsaken reason choose to beeline for radio rather than motorized transportation.
                    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Panzers don't need much time anyways...

Comment

other than the specific number of techs (which has been corrected), your statement assumes that someone playing as the germans would for some godforsaken reason choose to beeline for radio rather than motorized transportation.

Radio is the next tech after motorized transportation. Try again.

The techs leading up to radio are needed for motorized transportation.

Comment

Remember too that if you haven't got your GA yet, the Panzer is just awesome for getting it for you. And that means many more Panzers....
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Oh, that reminds me of one of my PTW games... three continents, just enough ocean in between to make suicide runs impossible. Naturally, by the modern age, one civ dominated each of the continents. My Legions on one, the Regnum Parthia on another and (sigh) Germania on the other.

I kept the Persians on side, and invaded Germany with (rare for most, nearly unheard of for me) massive naval support. Yes, I did have the tech advantage... but they were advanced enough to have railroads. Anyway... they slowly lost cities to my tanks and (later) Modern Armour, but cavalry + infantry + railroad is no fun to play against, even against the AI. Then came the panzers.

Needless to say, one of my more challenging late-era games.

jon.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                              Oh, that reminds me of one of my PTW games... three continents, just enough ocean in between to make suicide runs impossible. Naturally, by the modern age, one civ dominated each of the continents. My Legions on one, the Regnum Parthia on another and (sigh) Germania on the other.

I kept the Persians on side, and invaded Germany with (rare for most, nearly unheard of for me) massive naval support. Yes, I did have the tech advantage... but they were advanced enough to have railroads. Anyway... they slowly lost cities to my tanks and (later) Modern Armour, but cavalry + infantry + railroad is no fun to play against, even against the AI. Then came the panzers.

Needless to say, one of my more challenging late-era games.

jon.
                              Suicide Runs are never impossible, all that is needed are some intrepid sailors and lots of galleys. Even Panzers are stopped by Infantry and artillery in sufficient strength and with flight and naval support the conquest should not have been overly complicated.
                              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                              X